Charming

I run out of the dining room. No, this couldn't be happening.

Sky is Taehyung... the boy who ruined my childhood and betrayed me.. And now he's engaged to my cousin?

Footsteps follow me.

In the corridor, someone grabs my wrist and pushes me against the wall, holding my hand above my head.

His chest is pressed against mine, his lips right next to my neck, and I couldn't move.

I was so scared.

"Aman, I have no idea why you're dressed up as a girl and invaded the palace, but you can't tell anyone that I've been outside of the grounds. Please." Taehyung pleads. "I know I've been weird today, but I can explain."

I bitterly laugh, feeling constricted. "You're still calling me Aman?"

"Well, yeah what else would I call you?" He raises his brow.

"Oh, don't play dumb Taehyung, or shall I call you Tae?"

He's taken back. "No one has called me in that years!"

His eyes widen. "Wait, Aman- Y-you're Amira? My childhood friend?"

"Amazing acting. Have you considered auditioning for the part of the royal court jester? Because you certainly are a clown."

He stutters. "I-I really didn't know about this. Amira... you're The Warrior?"

"If you had any decency to Chinua, you'd break off the marriage," I respond.

He shakes his head. "I can't. It's an arranged marriage."

"I don't care. You killed her brother!" I whisper-yelled.

"It wasn't me. It was Erden's. And it's more complicated than that." He looks wearily around us.

"Complicated how? Let me know! You work for them as an assassin and left with his killers the night it happened."

"You wouldn't get it. There is no good and evil in this game."

I laugh. "Oh, of course I wouldn't get it. But get this: You ruined Chinua's life."

"What Erden's does is out of my control," Taehyung tightens his grip on my wrist.

I feel so vulnerable but I pretend I'm not.

"I've kept your secret for years. But now I won't. I'll expose everything that you've done to the King's son," I sputter.

"Erden's is still out there. They'll still kill Chinua if you tell everyone," He warns.

"Are you making a threat to your own fiance?" i ask.

"No. I'm just warning you before you say something stupid. Erden's isn't a force to reckon with," Taehyung says.

"Let go of my wrist."

"If you care for Chinua, you wouldn't spill a word, and let our marriage happen," He whispers by my neck, as if he was a lover.

"And if you had any human decency, you'd LET GO OF MY WRIST!" His grip loosens and I push him on his chest. He staggers backwards and almost falls to the ground.

"Where are you heading, Lady Amira?" He asks.

"To not be around you." I walk towards my bedroom.

"Now that I'm engaged to Chinua, we are soon to be family. Come back. We can't look suspicious," He calls out.

A murderer confessed his 'feelings' to me and now, we're gonna be cousin-in-laws. This is so messed up.

But he's right... If Erden's is still out there... I can't seem suspicious. Not if I want to keep Chinua alive.