The Duel

I don't stop running until I reach the women's academy. After climbing the fence, I stay outside the window. I await for the blind instructor to leave the room, before I jump in.

      "Amira you scared me!" Chinua clutches her chest.

"I come in here everyday, at this exact time- you know what, that's not even the point." I pace around the room, with my arms behind my back.

"Chinua, I might be really talented at what I do at the other academy," I revealed.

"Horseback riding?" Chinua raises her eyebrow.

Shoot, I still didn't tell her the truth of where I've been escaping to. And I don't plan on telling her anytime soon. "Yeah, horseback riding. I was the worst student my age a few months ago, and now I just beat the second best in the class."

"That's crazy! How did she take it when you won?" Chinua wondered.

"I don't know, exactly. He, I mean she, peer pressured me to competing her, and I succeeded without...much effort." I tried to explain without revealing my secret of where I was really going to. And lied that the person I fought was a girl.

"So she didn't say anything?" Chinua asked.

"No, I ran out of there before she said a word."

"Well, that's still great! Is this the girl that's been bothering you?"

"Yeah, a little bit. But now I think I can handle her. I finally defeated her in a competition so I guess I'm better than her," I arrogantly shrugged.

Chinua snorted. "I love when you get cocky. You've really never been more passionate about anything else in your life. I'm glad you've found horseback riding to be your calling." She hugs me.

I nervously laugh. "Yes, horseback riding...That's what im good at..."

The next few classes, Hobi didn't interact with me. He mostly pretended like I wasn't there, which was fine by me. Nobody picked on me anymore- in fact people started treated me like I was their equal.

Although day by day, I dramatically improved in most fields, I still wasn't actually the best in the class as I thought I was. Sure, I beat Hobi in that spontaneous fight, but there were tons of people better than me in hand to hand combat. I didn't mind- I was one of the least experienced, but I was learning a lot.

Life at the palace stayed the same-I continued avoiding Tae and Chim. I did the bare minimum for school that would keep my parents from pestering me. Chinua continues helping me to successfully leave the women's academy to attend my other classes.

Everything remained calm...until Chim striked with his cruelty again.

I had finished training at the academy. I changed in the bathroom stall very quickly and left before most kids saw me. Although it was risky due to my female body, I decided that it was necessary for me to change. I didn't want anyone from the academy to recognize and stop me outside because of my famous uniform.

With my scarf covering my mouth, I walked back to the women's school of arts.