Envy

Class started and it was my duty to show Sky around.

We begin with rock climbing. There weren't actual rocks since this was an indoor facility- just wooden ledges sticking out on the wall.

Sky begins climbing the wall, but slips and falls onto the ground after stepping on the third wooden ledge. He lands on his butt.

I can't help but giggle.

"It's a bit slippery, but you gotta angle your feet and move swiftly from one ledge to the other. Like this!" I climb the wall speedily, like a monkey. I get down almost just as fast.

Bystanders that were watching cheer for me.

"Okay. I'll try again, Aman," Sky says, determined.

He makes it to the fifth shaft, but falls again.

This time, a group of boys watching laugh as well.

Sky nervously scratches his head after his failure.

Now, I felt bad for him.

"Hey, rock climbing isn't for everybody," I try to cheer him up. "We can move onto something else."

"No. I won't give up." He begins climbing, and this time only makes it to the fourth ledge, but falls yet again.

But he stands up again anyways, and I notice he was rubbing on his arm that he fell on. Ouch. A bruise will probably form there.

I sigh, "Sky, I don't think this is a good idea-"

"No, Aman. I need to practice for awhile. Please?" He pleads.

I sit down on a crate. "Alright."

He grins. "Thanks, you don't have to baby-sit me, Aman. I'll just be here for an hour to practice this. Okay?"

"Are you sure?" I questioned. "There's a variety of activities we can do in the same timespan-"

"I'm sure of it." He does that smile, which I don't know if I like or hate.

"What if you get hurt though?" I asked, concerned.

"There's tons of students watching me and near me. I'll be fine," He insists.

"Alright." I raise my hands and turn away. If he wants me to leave, I'll leave.

I begin practicing my scimitar skills with Jin and Suga.

"Aman, you gotta come here quick! Something happened with the new guy!" Master Haden's son, yells.

Oh no. I knew something terrible would happen if I left him!

I hurriedly follow him. There's a huge group of boys surrounding the rock wall and I couldn't find Sky.

"Sky! Sky! Are you okay?" I push my way through the crowd.

I find Sky standing a few feet away from the edge of the rock climbing wall.

"Hey, Aman! Watch this!" He waves.

Sky runs, then places his hands on the ground, and inverts his body. He does it again and again. He does a total of four frontward flips, and with that boost, jumps to the fifth ledge and keeps climbing.

He climbs up towards the final ledge, then reaches down to the tenth ledge and finally jumps towards the ground, spiraling in the air.

I cover my mouth in shock. "Sky, be careful!"

Sky flawlessly makes the landing and raises his arms.

The whole class cheers for him.

"Holy Hell, Sky! Using running and flips to get a boost of energy before climbing the well? Why haven't I thought of that? Well, I couldn't have done it, of course." Some guy smacks his backs in approval.