I trouncing Lera to A.J.

PREVIOUSLY ON 'LAST BATTLE'

"What the Hades is this?" Artemis gasped. From the corner of my eye I saw her bend down and pick one of the articles up. "Its in old Tatian scripture" she said in puzzlement.

A.J. squealed to be put down so Artemis did just that and as soon as she did the little goddess sprinted out of the room with incredible speed that she has never used before. With wide eyes I turned to Artemis, "Uh oh" we both said in unison before chasing after A.J.. I have a feeling that A.J. Is going to be harder to handle than her mother. And trust me Beth was an EXREMTLY devious child.

BETH P.O.V.

"Come Lera wake up" I sighed shaking her lightly. After pulling us out of the endless tunnels fighting off even more monsters, we we're finally able to find the opening to get out of this rat's nest.

Not many knew of it. And the few who did didn't dare to come near it. It was either you were getting out of here or you were going to die. The line was as thin as a piece of dental floss.

"I'm tired" She grumbled, pushing me away and yawning.

"I know you are, I am too. But if we don't get out of here now, then we'll have to wait until next month" I insisted pulling her up. "Here" I handed her the equipment that I'd left here when I arrived. She looked at it confused before putting it on.

"Where's yours?" She asked, with confusion written all over her face. There were only one pair of harnesses, since I didn't plan on bringing anyone up with me.

"It doesn't matter" I shook my head, making sure that all her straps were secure.

"What? No! Here you-" she started to try to undo that straps but I quickly reached behind her and pulled on the rope three times.

Immeaditaly the ropes stretched and Lera was yanked up. Wow, Hermes sure was in a hurry to get me out of here. I sure hope that Hephustus' camera crew was trailing Hermes right now, because I SO wanted to see his face when Lera came out instead off me.

I was grinning like an idot until I heard a deep growl come from one of the tunnels. Oh no. Hermes hurry up please, I prayed knowing that he couldn't here me down here.

And as if he COULD hear me, the harnesses dropped back down. But this time attatched to it was a note.

YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS

I laughed at his message and hurriedly put on the harness. I was about to tug on the string when a mob of exiles swarmed around me, cornering me up against the wall. They looked...deadly. A few stood out like King Ixion and King Tantalus.

"Olympus will fall!" they chanted. I was just about to roll my eyes at them and them kick some exile butt when they then started chanting.

''At sunrise in mid fall

Will a child be born

Out of revenge or love

Should this child fall

Take with her the glorious days

Of the Olympian reign

And leave the world with an awakened fate''

I've heared that before... but I don't remember from where. Bitting my lip I tugged on the rope three times, and then everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The crowed charged forward just as I was yanked up, but then I saw an archer smile proudly. It was only then did I realize that I felt something warm against my stomach. Reaching down to touch it I felt a warm liquid surround my hand. Looking at it I noticed that my hand looked as if I dipped it in golden paint.