The door to the future

Previously on 'LAST BATTLE'

"Do you know how to lure her out?" i asked, not wanting to go down there and risk getting poisoned.

"no." Percy shook his head. " She only listens to Beth or Annabeth."

"Well in that case, I don't think she'll cause anymore harm if it isn't provoked. So stay away for a while." I advised him, while heading towards the door. "And remember not a word to anyone." I reminded him before steping out of the cabin and closing the door behind me.

Now, I'm off to visit a certain daughter of Athena that might know more than she says. I'm going to pay Nicole-Ann a visit.

********

LERA'S P.O.V

I stood in the shawdows of the Athena waiting to make my move on Nicole-Anne. I don't know why, but the first time I saw her during supper I felt that something was wrong. Not only did she look exactly like the traitor Demi-god Magaska, but i could swear I've seen her before. Not here sister, but her. It was like a gut feeling that you just had to follow.

Hearing laughter coming towards me, I stepped back to make sure I was consealed within the trees. Paying more attention to the source of the laughter I noticed that it was a group of Aphrodite campers. But what was strange was that along with them was Nicole-Anne.

It was a strange thing seeing a supposed child of Athena surrounded by Lady Aphrodite's offspring's. Not that they didn't get along completely, but they tended to clash. But then again, you didn't see Athena and Poseidon's favorite children making googely eyes at each other.

Still laughing, Nicole-Anne waved goodbye to the rest of the Demi-gods and went inside the Athena cabin. Deciding that now was the best time, I slowley made my way towards the cabin. I didn't stop to knock, and instead genty opened the door as soundless as possible.

Nicole-Anne was turned around, shuffling thing around in a drawer of a nightstand., so she didn't notice my presence. Thank the fates there wasn't another Athena campers in the cabin at the moment, so no one would know about what was just going to happen. That is no one besides us two.

Humming to the rythm of a song, Nicole-Anne finally turned around and let out a gasp. "I didn't hear you come in!"

"Not many do." I answered, zooming in on her hand. She had something with a chain clasped tightly in her palm. "What's that?"

"Oh this? It's just......nothing. So, can I help you with anything?" She tried to change the subject as she tucked the object into her jean's pocket.

"It looks important." I pressured, ignoring her attempt for a subject change completely. I took a step closer to her ground, and she took a step back. Smart girl. She knows a threat when she sees one.

"Drop it." She warned, her hand twitching. I then saw the tip of a dagger tucked behind a pillow on the bed next to her. "I already told you that it wasn't important."

Taking yet another step to close the distance between us, I spoke, "Then you wouldn't mind if I take a look at it?"

I saw annoyment in her eyes that I wasn't dropping the subject, but being raised by mom taught me to stand my ground, no matter what. And eventually the other party would give in.

"Well as I matter of fact, I do." Nicole-Anne snapped, walking towards me. When she was around two feet away she stoped and glared instead. "Now, if you can please move so I can leave."

I had blocked her way towards the door, and when she tried to go around me I mimicked her steps to stop her from doing so. I made it clear that she wasn't going to go anywhere.