The Exchange

PREVIOUSLY ON 'LAST BATTLE'

Once i knew she was deep asleep, i looked around the room once more before leaving and heading towards the big house to inform Chiron that i was leaving.

When i entered, i immeaditly knew something was wrong. The usually up kept house looked as if Aphro had just had a tantrum in here.

"Chiron?" I called out into the darkness since no lights were on. "Chiron? Dionysus?"

"Down here!" I heard D's faint voice call. following the sound of his voice i was lead to the door of the basement. A.K.A the place the prisoners were kept, or in this case where Annabeth was.

"What happened upsatirs? And why are you down here?" I asked, once i reached the bottom. " And where the hell in annabeth!"

".....Luke took her"

*****

***

*****

EZABETH'S P.O.V

The whole room was silent. No one knew what to do. IM-ing Percy would do no good. He would just get distracted from his quest, and that wouldn't help at all. We couldn't risk the lives of any other Demi-gods anymore either. There had been several rescue missions in the past year and having another would risk the reputation of the camp of keeping Demi-gods safe.

Dionysus, Chiron, Lera, and I were silently brain-storming for ideas. At times someone would let out a gasp and seem like they figured it out, but then sigh and shake their head.

It seemed like the only way to make this work was to send out another group of Demi-gods on a quest to retrieve Annabeth. But that itself was pushing the line since Percy and Nicole-Anne were out in the field at the moment. The gods preferred if only one team went out at once so that they could pay their full attention of watching them and their mistakes.

"I'm afraid that there isn't any possible out come that would be of benefit to the gods or the Demi-gods." Chiron broke the silence. His solemn words seemed to cut the atmosphere of the room, bringing anguishment. "Although I do admit that Annabeth....is like a daughter to me, our main piority at the moment is Percy's quest."

"I agree." D agreed, surprising me. He doesn't usually publicly support anyone. "Athena has several brats alive at the moment. But Posiedon only has one. Plus, if it truley is Percy who complets the prophecy, then it is better to have him with us than against us."

I shot D an accusing glare. He did not just classify me as a brat. He caught on with the look I was giving him and quickly corrected himself. "Mortal children I mean."

"Wouldn't Lady Anetha cause an uproar though? It is well known that Annabeth Chase is her favored one at the moment." Lera asked, bringing another problem into the equation.

I remained silent throughout the whole conversation. Gathering what they where saying and putting it together to plan something that might just work.

"Well I'm all for not telling Athena." D answered. "I've always wondered how it felt knowing something she didnt."

"No. We tell my mother." I interrupted, "If we don't, she would cause an even bigger war. Here's what we do instead. Don't IM Percy, instead IM Nicole-Anne. Tell her the basic situation, and to not tell Percy. We tell her that as soon as the coast is clear, turn Percy in the direction of rescuing Annabeth without letting him know, and not to make it obvious. That way she would be manipulating his quest, but not enough that it is a complete and utter waste of time and resources. We kill two birds with one stone."

The rest stayed silent for a few minuets, surely going over risks and possibilities of my plan.

"This could actually work." D muttered. Lera nodded in agreement. But Chiron still stayed silent.