Edward

Previously on 'Last Battle'

"We need to assemble an army. I want our best demi-gods sent immediately after the Princess Andromeda" I ordered getting up.

The rest looked startled. "Well what are you waiting for?" I yelled.

"Beth, why such a sudden decision?" Uncle Z asked.

"They have Edward" I whispered, not being able to cope with the idea of my child's father being tortured was so not what I wanted too see. But even though there was a whole part of me that was furious for what they were doing to the man I loved, there was a small piece of me that has relieved that he wasn't dead.

Hold on Edward, I'm coming for you.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edward P.O.V

Seconds, Minutes. Hours. Days. They all seemed to merge together to make a timeless era of pain an frustration. All I knew was the present -that's what mattered the most.

Every time my wounds seemed to start healing, the monstrous creature's came back in and once again did their bidding - torturing me.

The only thing that kept me sane was thinking -and reminding- to myself that if I made it through I would see Bel- Beth again. Her beautiful face in my mind scared away the temptation of insanity.

It didn't matter to me that she had lied and pretend to be someone else anymore. Because now I actually know her true identity. And it's made me fall even deeper in love.

It still was bizarre that I was in a complicated relationship with a goddess. A divine creature. I don't know what I did right to deserve this blessing, but I'm not complaining.

The doors once again were thrown open, and instead of the usual deformed monster's, there stood Luke, the son of Hermes. He was a traitor to himself. It was pathetic.

"You're not getting anything out of me" I let out a dry chuckle, shaking my head.

"Well that all right then because I wasn't here for that" He smirked knowingly. There was something about his smirk that made me fear him even more than I feared the monsters. "I'm actually here to tell you something"

He's messing with me, was my first thought. My second was that he wanted me to think he was messing with me. Either way it was working before he even started.

"From what I've hear Anehta is growing up to be a powerful goddess just like -or if not even more- powerful than her mother" Luke tempted. Who was Anehta? And who was her mother? I had no idea what any of this meant and how it affected me.

Luke must've noticed the confusion of my face because a second later he let out a cruel laugh that chilled me to the bone. "My gods, you don't know do you?"

He continued laughing for several more minutes before being able to spit out a sentence, "And I thought she actually did feel a sort of affection for you" He shook his head. "But of course I wouldn't expect more from a pathetic Olympian goddess."

I decided to remain silent since I didn't know what to do or say. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about but it didn't sound good. But then I remembered hearing him talk about someone who was even more powerful than Beth - not that I really think that was possible.

"Oh, this is the most action I had all week!" And just as if he were jinxing himself there was a loud bang that shook the ship with such force that made Luke trample over. I let out a snicker and Luke shot me a glare before sprinting out the door toward the noise.

Whatever it was I hoped it would keep them distracted long enough for them to forget about torturing me. Times like these made me which that I could be able to sleep. They hadn't given me much blood to keep me full, just enough to keep me....sustained.