There is always a twist

Previously on 'Last Chance'

"What?!" I yelled in shock. "Father, what was a benevolent bekeneko dueing in the cabin?"

Father looked sheepishly at me, "The cat. The one I sent for protection."

Oh, that explained a lot. I knew that the small kitten was just a disguise but I had never actually seen it transformed.

"Well the cat attacted Annabeth, and led her to faint." mother glared. "thank the fates that your father is too stupid not to extract the venom from it's claws so there is nothing to worry about now. You did extract the venom right?"

Father took a step back, as if bracing for the storm to come. "Not exactly. I inhased it."

That's when the room went up in chaos. The previously silent Olympians were now talk loudly between eachother each already taking sides if a war would to come between my father and mother.

*******

*******

*******

Ezabeth's P.O.V

"You did what?!" Mother yelled, her eyes a stormy gray, much like a thunder cloud waiting for that bolt of lightning.

"The girl will be fine as long as no one tries to directly cut out the venom or directly put nectar on the wound." He growled, not likening that my mother was openly yelling at him. But if you looked close enough you could see a pinch of fear in his eyes, he made a whole lot of effort not to show it in his emotions, but if you looked close enough you could tell. He didn't want to mess with a force as powerful as my mother, it was not that she was the strongest out of all of us, nor was it that she was the most powerful. Her most lethal weapon was her cunningness. Just like a hawk would circle it's prey before attacking, she would survey ever angle and hit you were it hurt the most.

"Then how exactly do we extract the poison? If left in her system she wouldn't last a week!" Apollo questioned, curious about the medical procedure that was necessary.

"The only way to extract the venom from her system is to drink the antidote from the source." He answered, as if quite pleased with himself. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to understand what he meant. What was 'the source'.

"Huh?" Aphro apparently was thinking the same as i was from the look of her face "What's the source?"

"To prevent poisoning it self, the benevolent bekeneko licks his wounds." Father informed us as if that was the answer to the million dollar question. "In other words the girl must drink the cat's personal antidote, but each cat has a different one. Much like DNA, every cat's venom is different, so the antidote must be from the one that bit her."

"Can't we just let the girl die? She's been a pain in the bum since day one. We would build this, we should do that, that could go there, and this could go here." D mocked Annabeth, making a high pitched sound at the end. When mother shot his a cold glare, he quickly sputtered out, "No, it's better if she's saved. She could be of use to use later."

Sighing I already knew where this led. The bad thing about me was that unlike the other gods, I did go on quest.

"Fine." I'll do it, I sighed again. Transforming out of my regular self and back into the disguise of Bella Swan. I was hopping to leave her out of my life for at least a century, but the fates never were kind to me.

"No." Uncle Z surprised me when he protested. "Your identity has already been compromised. People already know who you really are in the camp. It's best for you to lay low for while."

"Then who?" Auntie Demeter asked, shooting a questioning look at the rest. "Unless someone here steps up, we seem to be out of choices."

"What about Valeria?" Hephaestus asked, "She is already in the camp. This should be an easy quest for her."