Not so super plan

Previously on 'Last Battle'

"Go after Annabeth...Something. Wrong." He grunted out. His ribs were probably bruised, making it hard to breath. But I understood him none the less. Nodding I rushed back out the door and started trying to locate Annabeth. Thankfully I heard an exclamation a few yards away, and rushed towards the commotion.

In the center of it all was Annabeth, trying to fight her way out of the crowd that surrounded her.

"Let me out!" She yelled punching and kicking whoever got in her way. In any other situation I would've stepped back and admired that swift movement of her attacks. But right now, I was too busy shoving my way through towards Annabeth, to care much.

When I neared her I had to quickly drop on the food when she did a round-house kick, unfortunately many did not react as quickly as I did and got hit with a powerful blow.

"Annabeth! Annabeth calm down, you're hurting people!" I tried to reason with her not knowing what was wrong. She seemed fine. In fact the small square piece of muscle I had cut out before was now almost healed completely. What the Hades?

*******

****

*******

BETH'S P.O.V

"What do you think you're doing?" A familiar voice asked as I slid through the small opening of the gates that surrounded the Olympian estates to get out without alarming anyone.

Turing around, I stared wide eyed at Hermes' questioning gaze. Going over my rehearsed lie, I said calmly, "I'm going to go pick up A.J.. I left her with a friend."

With that said I turned around and successfully slipped through the cold iron gates without setting off one of Hephaestus' complicated alarms. At this time of the night -or should I say morning- no one was out. The rest of the gods were sleeping, so were the nymphs, dryads, and the rest of the creatures living on Olympus. It was either sleeping or were up to no good.

Gravel was stepped on behind me, making me know of the presence following. Stopping in mode stride I turned around to once again see a skeptic looking Hermes. Before I could snap at him for following me he beat me to it, "You're going to pick up A.J. at two in the morning while dressed in full military uniform?"

Looking down at my navy blue uniform I winced. I should've hidden that with some mist at the least or worn regular cloths and change later. I wasn't anticipating this. How stupid of me, my mother would be so ashamed!

Quickly thinking of any excuse I stupidly responded, "Oh, am I? I didn't notice."

Hades, what the Tararus has gotten into me!

"Of course you didn't." He muttered, his suspicion seeming to grow. His eyes held my gaze, and I knew a hundred thoughts were going through his head at the moment.

Knowing Hermes I knew there was two ways to get through this. Either try to cover up even more, which didnt look very promising at the moment, and risk being caught. And if I was caught in my lie he would not let me hear the end of it, and drag right to the council. Or straight out telling him my plan that even to me sounded impossibly ridiculous, and from that he was either going to drag me to the council or agree with me and keep his mouth shut. But I very much doubt he would do the later.

"Hermes swear to the river Styx right this very moment that you will not speak an utter word about this after I'm done explaining to you." I whispered, my eyes nevously searching the shadows for any unwanted listeners.

"What? No!" He shouted, looking at me as if I were delusional. "Last time you made me do that I ended up pulling you up from Tarartus!"

"Sh! Lower your voice!" I hissed at him, hoping that nobody heard him. After a few seconds of silence I let out a sigh of relief after no lights were turned on, and no signs of any crazy god, in their crazy colored striped pajamas, cussing at us.