You Can't Really Mean That?

Previously on 'last battle'

Knocking on the Black's door, I couldn't help but notice the lack of shirtless teenage boys running around. There was always at least one visiting -or more like raiding for food- the Blacks. It wasnt even too early either.

I knocked after a few moments when the door wasnt opened. And when the door still did open I started to panick. What if something happened? Was Jake or Billy knocked out cold? And most importantly, where was A.J.?

Without thinking twice about it, I materialized myself inside the house.

Surverving the living room, I felt both a rush and relief and worry. Nothing seemed to be out of place, but it didnt seem like anyone was here.

Calm down. They probably went out to eat or something., I thought to myself.

I didn't know how the rest were so at ease with not contacting their children for years. One week and I am becoming insane with worry!

***********

3rd Person P.O.V

"I think we are going in the wrong way..." Percy stopped walking, and stared at Nicole in suspicion. They had been walking for hours. And he was right, they were going the wrong way. Because the path Nicole was leading him to was not one that lead to the camp, but one that lead to Annabeth.

"You're just confused. This is actually a shortcut." Nicole assured him, silently hoping that he didn't ask any more questions. "We will be there in no time."

"I can't think of any short cuts leading south." Percy mumbled, mostly to himself as he followed Nicole. Because his dyslexia was more advanced than Nicole's -that is if she even had any at all- he let the map reading to her.

"Hush, this way is south-" Nicole pointed to the direction ahead of them, then behind them, "-and that is north."

Percy never was good at geography. But let him be stranded in the middle of the ocean and he'll point out to you the exact direction on which to go.

Not seeming any less skeptic, Percy continued to follow Nicole in the way in which he was certain was wrong.

"Duck!" Nicole all of a sudden whispered, crouching down behind a parked car. There wernt many people walking, nor cars passing so two teenagers crouching behind a car drew some attention, but not enough to give their location away.

"What the Hades is happening?" Percy hissed, trying to look at what startled Nicole. And as soon as he did his breath was caught in his throat. "Annabeth....."

"This, this is why you were leading me here all along!" He hissed at Nicole with no doubt in mind that she had something to do with it. Part of him felt betrayed becuase she had kept an important detail about Annabeth.

Why didn't she tell me?, he silently thought to himself. I should've known something was wrong when she ending the IM as soon as I came back.

"I wanted to tell you. I really did, but I was told not to. They said you were going to get distracted." She apologized, looking guilty at him.

Across the street, Annabeth seemed to be ordering others to do something. The brilliant daughter of Athena looked annoyed. As if she were commanding a bunch of idiots. And one of the people who surrounded her was her fellow sister, Magaska.

"Nicole......do you have a clone?" Percy asked sounding shocked, obliviously seeing Maggie for the first time. He had thought he had seen glimps of someone that looked like Nicole before on Luke's ship, but he didnt question, thinking it was mere coincidence.