Lecture 26

Sunday Lecture

Title: Power of Tithes and Offerings

Proverbs 3:9-10

"Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest; then your barns will be completely filled, and your vats will overflow with new wine."

Action + faith = overflowing blessings

Things should be remembered:

• Tithes and offerings are holy to God.

• Kapag naging faithful sa tithes, akala mo ba pagkukulangin ka ng Diyos? No.

Malachi 3:7-12

"Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty.

"But you ask, 'How are we to return?'

8 "Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

"But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?'

"In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse-your whole nation-because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe," says the Lord Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the Lord Almighty."

• Pagtitiwala ang kaakibat ng pagbibigay.

Benefits of tithes:

• Pour out so much

• Protection against fests

• You will be called blessed

Malachi 3:10-11

"Bring the full 10% into the storehouse so that there may be food in my house. Test me in this way, "says the Lord of hosts. "See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your ground, and your vine in your field will not be barren," says the Lord of Hosts."

• Offerings, next is your harvests.

• Ang walang tinanim, walang aanihin.

• We must not eat the seeds, we eat the fruits.

• Sino ang nagtanim ng walang inani? Sino ang umani ng walang tinanim?

• What you sow is what you reap.

Galatians 6:7

"Dont be deceived: God is not mocked. For whatever a man sows he will also reap."

• Be true to yourself. Be good to others. Give to others.

• Kung anong ginawa mo sa kapwa mo, siyang iyo ding aanihin.

2 Corinthians 9:7-9

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written:

"They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever."

• You will be blessed abundantly.

• Kapag mahal mo, ibibigay mo lahat.

• Peace offering - give thanks

• Vows offerings - promises be kept with God

• Wag kang mangangako sa tao kasi ito ay nababali, sa Lord ka mangako dahil kahit kailan ito'y hindi nya babaliin.

Conclusions:

When we give God, God will give us not what we imagined because it is so much, an overflowing blessings.