12

"Red?"
I felt my head get dunked under the water. I came up sputtering, gasping for air.
"Jesus Finn not so hard!" I cried, wiping the water away from my eyes.
"But it wasnt red!"
"I know but you dont have to drown me!" Finn laughed obnoxiously and re situated me.
"I have to be getting close, ive already guessed like a million colors, there arent many left" i pointed out. A grin broke out onto his face.
"Whats that for? Finn-" then it hit me.
"Ive already guessed it, havent i!" I yelled, jumping out of his arms.
He just stood there laughing his ass off, clutching his sides. I splashed him in the face
"i hate you!" I yelled, splashing him again.
"nah you know you love me" he laughed, splashing me back.
"do i know that? hm. no i dont" i replied, flashing him harder.
"Oh but i think you do. You say you hate me because you dont want to admit you love me. but you do. so you know what that makes you?" i rolled my eyes, annoyed
"what"
"a noob!" he yells, splashing me so hard i almost fell down.
"oh thats it!" i yell, lunging at him and knocking him down. we wrestle in the water for a little bit. finally he sticks his hands up
"you got me! truce!" he stands up and wipes the water away from his eyes.
"ha see? youre wro-" but before i can finish my sentence he picks me up and throws me into the water.
i come up, gasping for air yet again, and glare at him. "Youre gonna pay for that one, Wolfhard"
"ha! id like to see you try!"
i run toward him and try to pick him up, forgetting that im half his size.
"aww babe youre so cute" he says, smirking down at me. I just rolled my eyes, spun around, and walked out of the water.
"where ya goin?" he called after me. But i just ignored him and sat down on the hammock.
shortly after, he came out of the water and plopped down next to me on the hammock, moving it back and forth with his legs. the sun was beginning to set, casting a beautiful golden glow on everything.
finn reached into his bag and pulled out a ukulele. "seriously? you brought a ukulele?"
"Yep, im prepared for everything. and now i want to serenade you with my ukulele skills" he replies, beginning to play.
ive always been a sucker for ukuleles. their music is so calming to me. I scooted closer to Finn and lean my head on his shoulder while he played. I hummed along when he played some songs i knew.
Soon, the sun was barely above the water, and the sky was full of a beautiful mixture of pinks and purples and deep oranges. all i could hear was the sound of the waves softly crashing on the shore, and finn playing various songs on the ukulele.
i was happier than ive ever been before, laying there with Finn just felt so right. before i knew it, the yacht was back.
i helped finn pack everything up, and we made our way back onto the boat. i sat on the front of the boat, closing my eyes and feeling the warm breeze wrap around me.
finn came and sat next to me, intertwining our fingers and staring out at the ocean. "finn" i asked quietly, causing him to turn his head.
"Thank you. For everything. Today was perfect, everything about it. I couldnt have asked for anything more"
he threw me a small smile and said "anything for you" before kissing the top of my head.
I didn't know if i loved Finn. There were definitely a lot of feelings when it came to him, but it was too soon for me to know if i was in love with him yet.
We were definitely headed in that direction, and i could feel myself falling for him.
Normally that would scare me but not with him. Finn was just so genuinely real, i knew now that there was no way he could be like everyone else. And i knew that the longer i spent with him, the harder i was going to fall.
When we walked into the house, it was a mess. Pillows were all over the floor, along with popcorn. And everyone was screaming at eachother, but i couldnt process what they were saying since they were all yelling at the same time.
"Hey hey hey!" Finn shouted above all the noise. Everyone got quiet and turned to face us.
"Hey youre back! How was it?" Sophia asked, smiling.
"It was really fun, but whats going on here?" I asked her, referring to the mess.
"We wanted to have a movie night, but we couldnt agree on a movie, hence why it looks like a war zone" Jaeden said.
I looked around for ella and jack but they werent there.
"Where are Ella and Jack?"
"Upstairs watching their own movie. Couldnt handle all the fighting i guess" Chosen chimed in.
Finn turned to me with an eyebrow raised. "Want to have a movie night with just us two?"
"What a splendid idea" i replied back, going to the kitchen to get a bowl of popcorn.
"Whaaat no fair! I wanna hang out with Kelsie too, and you've had her all day!" Sophia complained. "Well i guess thats too bad for you!" Finn said, smiling sarcastically and putting an arm around my shoulder, leading me upstairs.
We went up to his room and closed the door, then flopped down on the bed.
"Oh crap. Were still in swim suits and my clothes are all in me and Ellas room, and i dont want to walk in and interrupt you know what i mean?" Finn nodded his head and stood up, walking into his closet. He came out with a pair of boxer shorts and a sweatshirt.
"You can wear these, if you want?" He said shyly. I kissed his cheek, took the clothes from him, and went into the bathroom to change.
His sweatshirt came down almost to my knees, so it looked like i wasnt wearing pants. I walked out and spun in a circle
"how do i look" i asked dramatically, striking a pose. Finns jaw dropped a little when he saw me.
"Wow. You look amazing in my clothes. just when i thought you couldnt get any fucking cuter" he says, scooping me up and throwing me onto the bed. he jumped in next to me, pulling me into his arms as he flipped through movies.
"Wanna watch insidious?" He asked, grinning at me. "Um no i will never sleep again if we do" i replied, smiling sarcastically at him.
"Come onn Kelsie, youll love it! Plus you got me so you dont need to be scared. please please pleasee" "mm i highly doubt that i will love it. and if you really want to watch it that badly then go ahead, but just know that im never going to sleep again and its your fault" i said, tapping his nose.
and i was right.
the movie had been over for almost an hour, and i was holding onto Finn so tightly I was probably suffocating him.
I was too scared to come out from under the covers, even though i could barely breathe.
Finn had fallen asleep during the movie, leaving me to deal with it by myself.
Not the best choice, if i do say so myself. i couldnt take it anymore.
i shook finn slightly, trying to wake him up, but he was dead asleep.
"Finn" i whisper yelled.
"Finn wake up" he groaned a little and rolled over. now i was even more scared.
All i could think about was a demon girl coming out of the darkness and grabbing me. I couldnt handle the darkness any longer.
I quickly rolled over and turned on the lamp, instantly feeling better. I sat up and looked all around the room, making sure there was nothing to be scared of.
Of course Finn had left his closet door open, just my luck, but there was no way i was about to get up and close it.
"Kelsie" finn mumbled sluggishly. He rolled over and opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep away.
"Whats wrong?" He asked, his eyes squinted against the bright light.
"Im sorry for being a little bitch and waking you up, but i cant sleep because of that stupid movie. you were pretty much dead and i couldnt take it anymore" I whispered to him, feeling ashamed of being such a wimp. His eyes softened
"aww babe im so sorry. c'mere" he scooped me up and pulled me into his chest, reaching past me to turn the light off again.
he wrapped his arms protectively around me and laid his head on top of mine, making me feel cocooned. i snuggled deeper into his chest and tried to fall asleep with the image of Jacob in my head.