9

I walked around the dark room, holding my gun out in front of me for protection.
I heard the sound of someone running toward me and ducked behind one of the props.
Chosen runs past me with Jack on his heels. I stand up, aim at jack, and pull the plastic trigger, hitting him on his back and causing his light to go out. "Hey!" He yells turning around to see who shot him, but I duck down just in time.
He looks around for a few more seconds then runs away. I slowly get up, staying crouched down so no one will see me. I start walking toward their base, making as little noise as possible.
"Drop your weapon." I hear from behind me.
I spin around and see none other than Finn himself. A small smile creeps onto his face, and spreads onto mine.
"Oh come on babe. You wouldnt shoot me" i said devilishly, taunting him
"oh but i would" he shoots back, raising his gun.
"no you wouldnt"
"what makes you so sure?"
"Because if you did you wouldnt be getting any kisses. for a long time" i say, batting my eyelashes to look innocent.
He contemplates for a minute then lowers his gun. "Okay, truce" he says, putting his hands up in surrender.
"you wish, cutie" i say before shooting him in the chest, turning around and sprinting away. i hear footsteps behind me and run even faster. I turn around to see how close to me his is and BOOM run straight into someone, knocking me down.
And what do you know, its Wyatt. He puts his hand out to me to help me get up, which i take. I give him a knowing look and keep running.
"Oh shit, fuck you finn!" I hear from behind me. Finn mustve shot Wyatt. That puts a little grin on my face.
In front of me I see the base, im almost close enough to where i can shoot it, helping my team win. Before i can ella steps out, guarding it.
"Wait, did you really think it would be that easy?" She asks, tilting her head.
"Oh dont be so dramatic" i say, shooting her in the chest before she can shoot me.
"Fuck you" she yells at me, dramatically falling on the floor like shes dying, but i just ignore her and shoot the base.
An alarm goes off and I quickly sprint away before everyone comes to defend the base. Suddenly, the alarm stops and the lights come on, indicating that the game is over.
"SHIT" i hear from somewhere in the room. Sounded like Jack.
We all walk out of the room to see the score board. Sure enough, my team won.
We all jump around in a circle like little kids, doing a victory dance. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, so i spun around to see Finn.
"Congrats. You won this one. But mark my words, i will win next time" he says before kissing my cheek and letting go of me.
"Mhm we'll see about that"
Next up was paint ball. I was really nervous for this because i had never played it before. We got all our gear on and went to see the teams. This time it was:
Team 1: me, ella, chosen, jaedon
team 2: finn, jack, wyatt, and sophia
So we walk into the room, my team on one side and finn's team on the other.
Someone walks in and gives us our instructions, there is a series of beeps, and the lights go down, telling us to start.
I hunch behind a box and see Chosen creeping forward like a soldier. Ella just stands up and straight up runs to shelter behind another box.
I creep foward slowly, trying not to draw attention to myself, and just as im about to get to safety, Sophia steps in front of me.
Without thinking I shoot her and duck behind a box. "Shit!" She yells, going to sit down now that she's out. I just chuckle to myself.
I am SO badass.
I hear a screech and turn to see Ella, dramatically falling to the floor splattered in paint, Jack standing over her, splattered in paint as well. He mimicks her actions and falls to the floor next to her saying "why? why!" Repeatedly. Those two were perfect for eachother.
"Oof!" I hear someone shout, it sounded like Jaeden. Crap. That leaves me, chosen, finn, and wyatt.
I run forward and duck under shetler, but its not long until chosen spots me and runs up to me.
"okay, i know where wyatt and finn are, lets go. ill cover you" he whispers to me, and i nod my head.
we silently stand up and sneak forward together, him behind me.
suddenly, wyatt pops up in front of me, shooting chosen, and just as he was about to shoot me, i shot him right in the chest.
His face widened in shock, like he hadnt expected me to do that. Just then, Finn popped up right next to me and shot me, at the same time i shot him. "Finn!"
"What? You were gonna shoot me!i just beat you to it! " He says proudly,causing me to roll my eyes. "Careful babe. If you roll your eyes any more they may get stuck!" He says, winking at me.
The lights came on, now that everyone was out, and we left the room to find out who won.
Sadly, it was Finns team. They all cheered and gave eachother high fives. Then everyone turns to me. "What?" I say defensively.
"How the hell did you learn to shoot like that?" Sophia asks me withs raised eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"
"Oh dont play stupid. Youre like a pro at this and lazer tag! How did you get so good with a gun?" She asked wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
I didnt know what to say.
I couldnt tell them how ive taken self defense lessons ever since my dad killed my mom and i met jacob... now was definitely not the time and place. So i just put on a fake smile and shrugged.
"I dont know" i lied "i guess its just natural talent."
And now it was time for my favorite event, go karting. I LOVE go karting.
Everything about it was so fun to me, the rush of the wind, the speed of the karts, being completely in control, the competition. Lets just say it was my shit. We got our helmets and chose our karts, i took number 9 since that has always been my lucky number.
Finn sat down in the one beside me, grinning over at me.
"Ready to lose again?" He asks me, raising an eyebrow and grinning even wider.
"You dont intimidate me, Wolfhard" i said, buckling my seat belt.
"Well see baby" That was the first time he'd ever called me that, and it was kinda extreme fucking adorable.
But i was not about to let this kid get into my head. The worker went over the directions and then "3..2..1..go!" We all shot off the wall, Jack in the lead, untill Ella slammed into him, causing him to swerve off to this side.
"Really el?" He yelled after her.
"Sorry Jacky!" She yelled back, already gone. Ella was fast, but I was faster.
I easily swerved around her and took 1st place, shooting ahead of everyone else, or so i thought. Finn pulled up right on my tail, and then right to my side.
We fought back and forth, each inching a little in front of the other. Finally, we were on the last lap. "Just give up, theres no way youre gonna beat me!" Finn yelled over to me.
There was only one turn left, and i knew what i had to do. I slowed down just enough to let Finn pass me, then sped up again and got on the inside of him, just as he went around the corner. Since i was closer to the wall he had to take a wider turn, slowing him down and causing me to excel over the finish line.
I had won.
Everyone else came shortly after Finn, and we all jumped out of our cars and onto the platform.
"Nice race" Finn said, sticking his hand out for me to shake.
"You too, Wolfhard" i said shaking his hand, all buisness like. A smile cracked onto his face.
"That was a good move with the turn thing, but you got lucky" he said, looking down at me with this eyebrows arched.
"Whatever you say" i said, stepping closer and looking up at him.
"Oh god, if you guys start kissing im gonna throw up" Jack said, pretending to get sick.
So we did, and it was perfect, minus the sound of Jack pretending to puke in the background.