11

I opened my eyes to see a room completely unfamiliar to me, and instantly i freaked out.
I tried to move, but couldnt because there was an arm draped over my waist. I turned to see who it was and bumped into a chest.
Finn's chest.
He opened his eyes, confused at what was going on. His eyes softened when he saw me, probably due to the terrified look on my face.
"Hey" he mumbled sleepily "how you feeling?"
I scrunched up my nose as i tried to process everything.
Then it hit me.
The events of last night.
Jacob. He found me. He really found me again.
My heart started pounding in my chest and Finn noticed.
He sat up and pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me tightly and stroking my hair.
Tears filled my eyes and it was only a matter of time before i broke down.
"hey, youre okay" he whispered reassuringly into my hair. "i got you, youre safe now" he said, resting his chin on my head.
I wanted to tell him how sorry i was.
For everything.
For ruining a light hearted game, for being so difficult, for having so many issues and complications, and most of all for burdening him, not being able to take care of myself.
But i couldnt get the words out of my mouth. i took a deep breath to calm myself down.
i was with finn now. i was safe. there was no way Jacob could get me when i was with him...
right?
Finn pulled back and looked into my eyes, swiping his thumbs on my cheeks to wipe away the tears. "Listen, i dont know what happened last night, but whenever youre ready to talk about it, im here. but i need to know what going on so i can help you" he said softly, caressing my face.
i nodded and leaned into his hand and closed my eyes. He deserved to know, but i wasnt strong enough to tell him yet.
i laid there in his arms for a little while longer, while he played with my hair, until i drifted back off to sleep.
before i knew it, it was morning. Light streamed into the room from the open windows, making it hard to want to stay in bed.
I rolled over to face Finn, giggling softly at his face. He looked younger, so relaxed, with his mouth parted slightly. It was adorable.
His hair was a mess, but it just added to the overall cuteness.
I laid there staring at him, unable to believe that this boy was really mine. As if he could sense that i was staring at him, his eyes fluttered open and a sleepy smile spread onto his face. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my head.
"Goodmorning beautiful" he said in his sleepy voice, and let me just say, that was pretty much the sexiest thing i have ever heard in my life. it took me every ounce of strength i had in me to keep me from ripping his clothes off.
oops.
i snuggled further into his chest, melting into his warmth. he started to close his eyes again.
"noo dont go back to sleep" i whined "open your eyes!"
and he did, his big, beautiful eyes swallowing me yet again. a slight laugh escaped his mouth as he saw my hair.
oh god I completely forgot about the fact that i look like chewbacca in the morning.
"dont make fun of me" i said, sticking out my bottom lip. he just chuckled and leaned down to press his lips on mine. i melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck and tangling my fingers in his hair. the kiss was sweet, but sadly short due to a knocking on the door.
"ill get it" Finn groaned, standing up. he went over to the door and opened it, revealing Jack.
"Um theres a little bit of a crisis in the kitchen" he said, looking past finn and smiling at me.
"Whats wrong?" Finn asked.
"I think you should come down and see for yourself." "Okay ill be down in a second" Finn says, closing the door on Jack.
"Now, where were we?" He says mischievously, planting kisses on my face.
"Finn as much as id love to stay here in bed with you all day i think we should go see whats up" i said, laughing lightly.
"Ugh i guess youre right. But hey, ill take that offer of staying in bed with you all day sometime" he said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and together we went to the door and walked downstairs.
When we got into the kitchen it was a mess. It literally looked like a tornado had gone through the room.
All over the walls was a yellowish goo of some kind, and standing in the middle of the mess was none other than Sophia.
Her hair and face were coated with the goo and she looked shocked.
"Sophia? What happened?" I asked, not being able to help the laugh that escaped my lips.
"I-i was trying to make pancakes to surprise everyone, but the mixer went crazy and shot all the batter everywhere" she said, a red tint coming to her cheeks. The room was quiet for a second, then everyone burst into a fit of laughter.
"Stop laughing at me!" Sophia said in an undignified tone. But that just made everyone laugh even harder. I went to the sink and got some towels to help clean everything up.
"Are you all just going to stand there? Or are you gonna help clean up?" I asked. Everyone dashed out of the room, except for Jaeden and Finn.
"Grab a towel and get busy" Sophia snapped.
"Yes mam" they both said, soluting her like a soldier.
About an hour later, everything was cleaned up, and a new batch of pancakes had been made (not by sophia).
We all walked out onto the porch to eat. I reaches over to Finn's plate and took a bite of his pancake before he could stop me. Then he reached over to my plate and did the same thing, smiling triumphantly at me.
"Wow. You guys really are perfect for eachother" sophia laughed. I just flipped my hair behind my shoulder and smirked
"i know."
"Yeah you guys are like jack and the beanstalk!" Jack added.
Both finn and i srunched our eyebrows at him.
"Um okay what does that even mean?" Finn asked, arching an eyebrow.
"You really dont get it" jack asked, seeming a little embarrassed.
"You know cause like finns really tall so hes like the beanstalk and youre short so youre like jack" he explained, staring at us.
Finn and I shared a look like whats wrong with this kid. I just shrugged
"okay" and went back to eating.
"So whats on the agenda for today?" Jack asked with a mouth full of food.
"I dont know.. maybe just hanging around the house?" Sophia said, "weve gone out a lot recently. maybe we can just do something here."
"Like what" asked Jaeden.
"We'll theres plenty of things to do. We could go surfing or... watch movies... yeah okay theres not much to do here" sophia said, defeated.
"Actually i was kinda hoping to get some alone time with Kelsie today" Finn said, smiling down at me, a hunk of food in his cheek.
"What did you have in mind?"
"Come with me" he said, standing up and taking my hand in his. We head inside and upstairs.
"Okay first things first, go change into a swim suit, and grab a towel" he says.
"Wait, where are we going?"
"Go get your stuff and meet me at the car."
Once ive got everything together, i meet Finn at his car, where he is standing, holding a piece of cloth. "Uhh whats this?" I ask, eyeing the cloth.
Finn doesnt say anything, just comes over to me and ties it over my eyes. I immediately tensed up, not knowing what to expect, my mind going to the worst possible scenario. I think Finn could tell, because he gently grabbed my chin and quietly asked
"do you trust me?" I nodded my head and he helped me into the car.
This was Finn. What could go wrong?
Finn started the engine and backed down the driveway.
"You can choose the music" he told me, helping me flip through radio stations. 'Lights Down Low' by Max came on and i kept it.
I had always been a sucker for this song. I sang every word, quietly, so Finn wouldnt be able to hear. He gently grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb back and forth.
The song ended and Finn said "wow kelsie. your voice is beautiful" i could feel my cheeks heating up, i really hoped he wouldnt notice.
"and you're absolutely adorable when you blush" i could hear the smile in his voice. fuck.
" stooop" i whined, not really wanting him to stop. we drove the rest of the time in comfortable silence, humming to the songs on the radio, his hand stroking mine.
i could feel the warm breeze, so he must've had the top down. it was perfect. absolutely perfect.
i felt the car stop and went to take off my blind fold. "uh uh uh not yet!" Finn said, putting his hands over mine.
"come onnn when can i see where we are?"
"Just a few more minutes" he assured me. we started walking forward and i used him as a guide.
we walked for what felt like forever, then suddenly we were walking up hill. and when we got to the top of the slope, finn removed my blind fold, and my jaw hit the floor.
we were standing on a yacht, a gorgeous white yacht. the deck was enormous with lots of comfy places to sit and a bar.
"finn, this is gorgeous. you really didnt have to do all this for me"
"i know i didnt. i wanted to" he said, pulling me in for a hug and kissing the top of my head.
"Hello, my name is Nicholas and i will be your captain today" i heard from behind me.
I turned to see a captain standing there, probably in his mid 40s. Finn went over and shook his hand
"im Finn and this is Kelsie" Nicholas shook my hand as well.
"Nice to meet you both. We will be leaving in just a moment" he said, nodding to us and walking back down under the deck. I was beyond excited. Finn took my hand and we sat down at the bow.
Then the boat started moving and we went out to sea.
All around the boat was the beautiful, Crystal clear water of the pacific ocean. I saw something moving under the surface of the water, at first i thought it was a shark but then
"oh my gosh! finn look! dolphins!"
At least 3 or 4 dolphins, weaving in and out of the water, occasionally jumping out.
"wow" i breathed.
i had never seen a real life dolphin before, let alone this close. they were so mesmerizing, the way they jumped in and out of the water, the way the sun reflected on their skin.
I heard a snapping sound, like a camera, and turned to see Finn had taken a picture of me.
"Hey!" I cried, sure i probably looked like an idiot, drooling over the dolphins.
"Im sorry, you just looked so genuinely happy, i couldnt resist" he said, wrapping his arms around my waist.
I smiled softly at him, wondering how i got so lucky. Me. Out of everyone else in the world. He chose me.
He leaned down and press his lips on mine, softly and sweetly.
I felt him smile into the kiss, and pulled him even closer. I pulled away and looked up into his eyes. "Im the luckiest person alive"
"no youre not. i am" finn said, rubbing his nose on mine, causing me to scrunch mine up.
"I love it when you do that" he says, letting me go and sitting down next to me.
"Do what?"
"Your little nose scrunch. Its probably the cutest thing ive ever fucking seen."
I didnt know what to do, so i just stood there smiling like an idiot. Before i could say anything, Nicholas came back out.
"We will be arriving shortly, Mr. Wolfhard" he informed us. Arriving where? We're in the middle of the ocean.
"Great. Thanks again, Nicholas" finn said, nodding at him.
"Im guessing im not allowed to know where were going?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "Nope!" Finn replied, popping the 'p'.
A few minutes later we arrived at this little island. It was adorable, the perfect size. It had a mess of palm trees in the middle, with a hammock hanging from two of them.
"Finn, this is adorable!" I said, hugging him. "Im glad you like it" he says, with a shy smile.
We climbed out of the boat and onto the little island. Finn waved to Nicholas, and the boat started driving away.
I just noticed that Finn had brought a little bag with him. He pulled out a blanket and sat it down in the shade, spreading various food on it.
"Damn Finn, this is perfect. How did you know about this place?" I said, sitting next to him on the blanket.
"I used to come here with my family when i was little. It was really fun. We'd come here for the day and just hang out, one time my brother and i camped here" he explained
"Nicholas is a friend of my dad's, so thats how we found this place. Nicholas was sailing one day and found it, them him and my dad came out here all the time when they were teenagers" Finn seemed so genuinely happy when he was talking about his family, i could tell he really cared about them.
"I love hearing you talk about your family, and your life stories" i said, tilting my head at him
" i love the way your face lights up when you talk about them. Its really sweet" his cheeks turned a little pink
"oh my god Finn are you blushing?" i said, nudging him, causing him to blush even harder.
"No. You're obviously blind and need glasses. We can get you some on the way home" he replied, trying to keep the smile off his face.
I just laughed and pressed my lips on his, thinking about how lucky i am.

authors note: important
i know this last chapter was pretty graphic, and im sorry if it was too much for anyone. but the reason its in so much detail is because it actually happened to me. these events are not just for the sake of the book, they actually happened to me. i dealt with a stalker ex boyfriend for many, many years, until finally the police caught him. i struggle with major anxiety, just like the character in the book. i use a lot of my own personal stories in the book, and if you cant handle that then im sorry. but writing about it has really been helping me, even though no one has read this far yet. i really, really, deeply appreciate the people that take time to read this. i really hope eventually someone likes my writing enough to make it this far. the people that do mean so, so much to me. i really, really appreciate the people that take time to read this whole thing. i love you 💓💓