Chapter Sixteen: Moving on

Chapter Sixteen: Moving On

[Rachael’s POV]

Days went by and I was starting to feel better. I was glad that I had talked to Liam but I wasn’t pleased with what he had said to me. I sighed, why were we here right now? We shouldn’t have even been in this position. And it was then that I reminded myself, none of this was my fault. All of my life I’ve had issues with trusting people and I always let people walk all over me, but not this time. I had to stand up for myself, Liam had used me and I knew that no matter what we couldn’t get back together. I had to be strong and not give in to his words that always seemed to charm me.

I was still staying at Zoe’s and Caitlin’s apartment, they insisted that I stay there as they didn’t want me to be in my apartment alone. But today was the day that I went home back home. Liam and I had been currently living together. I frowned as all of the memories came rushing back of the times when we were happy. When I got to the apartment it felt like the room was spinning. Around and around and around and around! I couldn’t concentrate properly and I flopped myself down onto the bed we used to share. I slid my hand across the sheets where Liam used to lye knowing that he wouldn’t lie there anymore. The feeling of having my heart broken not only caused me pain but also anger. It was like something inside of me just wanted to punch someone or something. I frowned as I rolled over to look at the alarm clock that sat perched on top of the drawers beside me. It was 4pm UK time and the boys said that they were going to be arriving at eight tonight. I was already worn out enough and I really didn’t want to have to deal with Liam as soon as he’d just stepped off a 14 hour plane ride. That was going to be hell, I thought to myself getting up off of the bed and trying to find something useful to do. As I walked around the apartment I saw things that belonged to Liam, photos of us together and things that brought back memories. It was like no matter where I looked there was something reminding me of Liam, like I couldn’t escape him. In anger I picked up the vase with dead flowers that sat in it and threw it to the floor. Liam had given them to me just before he’d left. I sat down on the floor amongst the water, dead flowers and shattered glass. I let a few tears slide down my face as I tried to wipe them away hoping that others wouldn’t follow. After a few seconds of crying to myself I stood up and stormed back into the bedroom. The end of my dress was soaking as drops of water left a trail behind me. I ripped open the drawers and threw all of Liam’s clothes into a bag. I got almost everything he owned and made a pile of all of his belongings outside of the door to my apartment. I left a note taped to the door saying ‘out by tomorrow. –Rachael’ Once I was done I decided to go and hang out with the girls and I didn’t bother to clean up the broken glass that lay in pieces all over the kitchen floor. We watched movies for most of the night and had some dinner that Zoe had cooked. It continued to get closer and closer to eight o’clock and I started to feel sick at the thought of seeing Liam for the first time in Four weeks. Especially because we’d been fighting and I had to break it to him that we couldn’t be together anymore. I was happy to say that I was moving on with my life and I knew I would find someone better. We were all sitting on the lounge waiting for the boys when suddenly the front door opened revealing five teenage boys we hadn’t seen in a while.

[Zoe’s POV]

I turned around to find Harry standing at the door holding his suitcase in his hand as his eyes scanned the room searching for me. “Harry!” I exclaimed excitedly as I stood up off the lounge and ran into his arms that were waiting wide open. He wrapped his arms around me holding me close to him as he buried his face in my hair and kissed my shoulder. “I’m home!” He said in a soft voice. He pulled his head off of my shoulder and looked me straight in the eyes. He caressed my cheek and softly kissed my lips. I didn’t want to break apart from him but I had to eventually to get some air. Louis and Niall walked past us and reunited with their girlfriends giving them hugs and kisses. Zayn came over and said hello to us all, Liam stood at the door and Rachael remained seated on the lounge. There was that awkward moment when everyone just stood there looking at Liam and Rachael. No-one knew what to say or do. Liam began to walk over to Rachael and sat down next to her on the lounge. He was about to speak to her but before he managed to get a single word out Rachael whispered “Save it” She stood up and began to make her way upstairs.