Chapter Three: Goodbyes the hardest word

Chapter Three: Goodbye’s the hardest word.

[Zoe’s POV]

Saturday went by, and Sunday seemed to go pretty fast too. It was now Monday, the day that I’d be been dreading all weekend. The day that Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam and Zayn were leaving for their tour around America. I rolled over not wanting to get out of bed and landed face first flat on the floor. What a great way to start the day, I told myself. Harry and Louis were already up and about making sure they had everything they needed and getting ready for a long flight ahead. I groaned as I picked myself up off of the floor. I stood there rubbing my hands over my face in sure and utter hope that I could wake myself up out of this terrible night mare. But no, this was reality, this was ‘the real’ world. Harry rushed into the room after hearing a huge bang on the ground.

“everything okay babe!?” He asked worried.

“Yeah, everything’s fine. Just fell out of bed, that’s all.” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. “Good morning by the way!” I said smiling into his piercing blue eyes.

“Well if you’re coming to the airport babe, we are leaving here at 8am.” Harry let me know.

“Okay, I’ll go and shower now then. And by the way, do you know where my sunnies are?” I asked him.

“No, sorry baby. Why do you need sunnies anyway? It’s raining outside…”Harry asked confused.

“Oh…Ah...erm… Well I just don’t want people to see my crying… that’s all.” I said embarrassed.

Harry sighed and kissed me passionately. He pulled away frowning at what I had just said.

“This is so hard for me; I hope you know that it is babe… I’m only holding myself together for the sake of the band… Otherwise right now, I’d probably be curled up in your arms listening to ‘big girls don’t cry’ with a box of Kleenex beside me.” I laughed at how silly he sounded. Sometimes Harry was so funny and childish and others he was romantic and serious. That’s what I loved about him; you get the best of both worlds. “I promise to you, that I will call you every night, I will text you every day.” He said reassuring me.

“That’s better than nothing I guess” I said trying to find the right words to say. “I’m going to go for my shower now babe.” I hugged him again and wished that we could stay like that forever. I picked up my towel off of the end of my bed and walked into the bathroom. After my shower I did my hair and makeup and grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs to where Louis and Harry were waiting with the Luggage. I went over and sat down next to Harry who put his arm around me and held me close to him.

“You look absolutely beautiful” he whispered.

“And you don’t look too bad yourself hey styles!” I said as I examined the jeans and black blazer he was wearing and his hair that was in messy curls. He leaned in and pecked my lips and then we heard the van pull up out the front of the house. I grabbed my bag and the boys got their luggage and we went to the door. We locked the house and the driver put the boy’s bags into the car and then we climbed into the van to find Niall, Liam and Zayn already waiting for us. Caitlin was also there too but I was told from Niall that Emily and Rachael couldn’t come because they had UNI. I sat next to harry and he held my hand in his the whole way. It was going to be a very lonely ride home; I knew that much for sure. At least I would have Caitlin and we would be able to comfort each other. It felt like it had only taken a few minutes to arrive at the airport, things were going so quick, I just hoped they would go this quick while the boys were in America. We hoped out of the car to see what we had all expected. New reporters, Magazine reporters, Radio interviewers, Paparazzi’s and last but not least the hundreds of fans that had gathered to farewell the boys. There were barricades and security guards everywhere. We had to go in the back way to avoid fans that were inside the airport. Harry led my by taking my hand and I followed him. Louis and Caitlin, Liam, Niall and Zayn all followed us.  We made our way inside and Paul the boy’s bodyguard went to go and collect their tickets.

“So, I guess this is it then…” I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

“I’m going to miss you!” Harry said looking straight into my eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’ll miss you more!” I said I pulled out of his hug and turned away so he wouldn’t see my crying. I didn’t even blink any tears, they were just pouring out of my eyes like I had no control over them what so ever.

“Don’t cry…” He said as he grabbed my hand and turned me around to face him. As soon as he saw my face He sighed and his head turned to face the ground as a tear ran down his check followed by many others. I lifted up his head to see his perfect blue eyes filled with tears.

“…Harry!” I exclaimed as I hugged him tight and he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head into my shoulder.

We stayed like this for a few minutes and it was sad to think that I wouldn’t get another hug or a kiss from Harry for another 3 weeks! And what made me even sadder was that I would miss his eighteenth birthday.  Once we’d stop crying our hearts out onto each other’s shoulder Harry tilted my head up and leaned in to kiss me, his soft pink lips collided with mine. Yes there were Paparazzi’s everywhere taking photos of the two of us, but we didn’t really care. We were normal human beings just like everyone else and we had feelings too! At some point I looked over at Louis and Caitlin who were saying their goodbyes too. Caitlin had a small tear running down her face every now and then and so did Louis. Louis wrapped his strong arms around her and hugged her she rested her head over his shoulder and blinked away the tears that were forming.

“Alright boys, it’s time to go and board the plane” A familiar voice said, we all looked up to see Paul standing in front of us. I turned to Harry to say my final words before he left.

“I love you!” Was all that came out of my mouth, it was very rushed and my voice was shaky.

“I love you too; I’ll be home before you know it!” He said trying to sound positive.

We gave each other one last hug and he turned around and picked up his suitcase.

Louis was standing there just hugging Caitlin. “Louis…” Niall said. “Louis mate, you need to let her go!” he said as he pried Louis arms off of Caitlin.

“Oh…” Louis said. As he turned around and went to pick up his suitcase. I walked over and hugged Caitlin.

“At least we’ve got each other!” She laughed trying to sound happy. I couldn’t help but laugh back, it seemed quite odd us two girls crying over our boyfriends who are leaving for a few weeks, when there’s girls out there in the crowd who probably cry themselves to sleep every night because they just want to meet one direction! Just before the boys entered the terminal to get onto the plane, Harry and Louis turned around and waved back at us.  I smiled and waved back at Harry with tears still in my eyes. And then Caitlin and I turned around and went back to the van.