Chapter Thirty Five: Sardinia Beach

[Zoe’s POV]

We’d been on the cruise ship for 3 amazing days. It was now our 4th day on the ship and we had finally reached our destination. We’d arrived at a beach in Italy called Sardinia. It looked absolutely stunning! The water was a beautiful light blue colour and the sand was four different shades of yellow all in one. Emily, Niall, Harry and I lay under the sun on our towels while Tilly, Zayn, Rachael, Gemma, Caitlin and Louis all played around in the water together. I sat up taking in all of the incredible scenery around me and it was then that I saw Liam heading towards me, hand in hand with someone I’d never seen before.

“Hey Guys, what are you up to?” I heard him ask from a distance as he gradually came closer to where we were all lying. Instantly Harry and Niall sat up staring at their band mate who they hadn’t seen for a few days.

“We’re relaxing Liam, where have you been!?” Niall asked a little worried.

“Sorry guys, I know I disappeared for a bit, but this is Lauren” He said gesturing to the six foot tall, black haired girl who stood beside him. “I’ve been spending a few nights with her recently…” He added shortly after.

“I bet Rachael’s happy” I mumbled to myself under my breath when I felt Emily slap her hand across my back which none of the others noticed. I glared at her.

“Well that’s good Liam, I’m glad you’re moving on” Emily said smiling towards them both.

“Err, yeah…” He replied quietly trying to avoid an awkward conversation about his past, I was almost certain that he hadn’t told Lauren about it and I was pretty sure he had no intentions of doing so.

“Um, well do you want to go for a swim babe?” Liam asked her, but before she could answer he was already pulling her away from us and towards the ocean.

“It was nice meeting you all” She said happily before running off into the water with Liam.

[Rachael’s POV]

mmm… that’d be right. Here comes Liam running into the water with a stranger who none of us have ever met before. Sounds exactly like something he would do. His eyes fixed themselves on me as I was splashing around in the water with Caitlin and Tilly attempting to make it look like I was completely okay with the situation at hand. I glared at the black haired beautiful girl as she hovered over Liam and began to suck his face off. I bet she’s a hooker. She probably runs her own cruise ship prostitute service or something. I chuckled at my thoughts as I quickly turned away before either of them could notice me staring.

“Guys I think I’m gonna get out now” I said flashing the others a smile.

“Aw, but we were just starting to have some fun!” Caitlin whined at me.

“Mmm…’fun’…” I said sarcastically. “Watching other couples make out and flirt in the water isn’t exactly what I’d call fun… but thanks anyway” I said tilting my head in Liam’s direction.

“Oh...” Tilly said catching on. “Well I was gonna get out anyways… so we can go sunbake together” She said with a warm smile. Tilly was always such a good friend to everyone, it was people like her who made me realise that I didn’t need a boy in my life to make me happy. We began walking back up the beach to where our towels were and where Niall, Harry, Zoe and Emily were already lying.

“Thanks for that…” I said in appreciation.

“Oh it’s no problem… it must be hard for you to see that he’s moved on and you haven’t…well for now anyway” She said in a caring tone as she placed on of her hands on my back.