Chapter Seven: Crowd Pleaser

[Zoe’s POV]

As soon as I was ready to go I made my way out to the front of the hotel to find Dave, one of the boy’s security guards resting on the side of a car. As soon as he spotted me he came over to me and led me to the car. I got into the passenger’s seat and then we drove off. He started telling me about how excited Harry would be to see me and telling me about how much he has missed me and how hard he has found it to be away from home. Right now I was so excited I just about wanted to scream. In less than an hour I would see Harry again! I missed those kisses that made me go crazy, I miss him holding me in his arms, I missed absolutely everything about him. It only took about twenty minutes to arrive to the concert venue and Dave parked around the back near the stage doors to hide me as I was a surprise and to avoid crazy fans. We both got out of the car and went inside the venue via the stage doors. We then walked down stairs to a secret dressing room where Louis had organised for me to wait before I was to go onstage. I opened the door to find a lounge which I made my way over to and sat down.

“Okay. From what I’ve been told, you need to wait here for a round about half an hour and then someone will come and get you and take you up to the stage. Don’t worry; they’ll explain everything. And don’t forget to have fun!” Dave said as he disappeared into the hallway shutting the door on the way out. I sat there nervously not knowing what to do. So I pulled out my phone and texted the girls back home telling them how excited I was and how everything was going great and before I knew it a tall dark man opened the door and came into the room.

“Hey you’re Harry’s girlfriend Zoe, right?” He asked me smiling.

“Yes, I am.” I said as I stood up and made my way over to the door where he was standing. I left my bag and phone sitting on the lounge. He then escorted me up to one of the stage entrances and I stood there waiting not knowing what was going to happen next.

[Louis’s POV]

“Okay okay!” I said shouting into my microphone. The crowd fell silent. “Now, I’m sure everyone here knows that it’s Harry’s eighteenth birthday today!” and then almost instantly they started screaming and cheering again. “And each one of us boys has a little gift for you Harry! And we’d just like to wish you the best eighteenth birthday in the world, because you mean a lot to all of us and you’re like a brother to us” I said walking over to him and patting him on the back and he looked up at me. Four of our security guards came out carrying presents, one from each of the lads.

“Aw, thanks boys. This means a lot to me! I love you all.” Harry said as Liam, Zayn and Niall came over to where Harry and I were and shared a group hug.  Harry’s eyes filled up with tears and he let one slide down his cheek. Girls were screaming out things like ‘I love you Harry!’ and he sat down and let his head fall into his hands. I walked over to him and reminded him that we were at a concert. I knew how bad he was feeling about being away from his family and the people he loved so I ran back over to Niall, Zayn and Liam.

“Okay, so are you going to open your presents bud!?” I asked excitedly. He nodded as he was handed his first present, followed by the others. He opened them all and thanked us for what we had got him.

“Well boys, I think he liked his presents!” Liam said looking at all of us smugly.

“UH, UH, UH. Hold on a minute Liam… we haven’t given him his final present!” I said back to him returning the smug look. The audience went crazy wondering what else we had left for him. And suddenly a video started to play on the huge screen above the stage. It was Zoe.

“Hey Baby! I just wanted to wish you the best eighteenth birthday ever! You are such an amazing person that deserves a great birthday and you mean so much to me!” She paused and frowned. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be there, but please don’t let that stop you from having a great day. I can’t wait to see you when you get back. I miss you so much! I love you!” She said and then the screen went black. Harry’s eyes filled with tears and he covered his face with his hands. He stood there crying to himself thinking that she was miles away but little did he know.