CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Both brothers had sat in silence for the past ten minutes none knowing what to say to the other.Yasir knew that he had hurt his brother deeply and he did feel quite guilty about it but he had had no other option.

He would have lost her to that Muneer,well even if he was a sixth grader or whatever but he was sure that there must be some other "Muneers" out there waiting for her and he could never let that happen.

"I am really sorry Akhi but if i had not made haste, i would have lost her," said Yasir hoping that his elder brother would understand.

"Its okay Yasir."

"Akhiiii."

"Its just that i never expected to be among the last people to know.I mean, even the neighbours got to know before me," said Hisham.

Yasir chuckled shaking his head in disbelief.Hisham was just...

"So that is what hurt you?The fact that the neighbours got to know before you?"

Hisham let out a laugh but Yasir could still sense his hurt.

"What about all those mean things her mother said about you?"

"I have forgiven and forgotten Akhi and Mama told me that that was just her overprotectiveness talking," said Yasir.He really did not want to hold back memories of that horrible day.

Hisham let out a sigh.How could he tell him not to get married?His father had already even set the wedding date.Everything was happening ridiculously fast.

"What if i tell you not to get married?Will you stop the wedding?" asked Hisham as he turned to scrutinize his brother.

Yasir fell silent and Hisham easily noticed how uncomfortable his question had made him.

"Wow, you like her that much huh?"

"I do."

"Well then i am happy for you little bro," said Hisham though a bit reluctantly.

"Akhi,i am really really sorry.Everything was happening all at once and then there was this sixth grader..."

"Yasir,seriously its okay.I am not mad anymore.If marrying her will make my brother happy then so be it.But i still think that you are rushing into this.Marriage is not something easy and i dont want you to get hurt."

"I understand and thank you Akhi but i dont think Yumnah would want to hurt me or anyone else for that matter," said Yasir.

"Hmmm,looks can be deceiving at times bro,but anyway thats not important now but you have to promise me Yasir,if ever something is not going right,you will tell me immediately."

"Wallah i promise and that applies to you as well Akhi and i am really really sorry that the neighbours got to know before you but that is because Hitler went annoucing to everyone," said Yasir gladly.

"I love you little bro and may Allah make this new journey in your life exremeley successful," said Hisham smiling.

"Ameen and as much as this may sound weird but i love you too Akhi."

"Awwwwwwww, is this the part where you two kiss and make up because that would be really cute but no thanks," said Khaleel as he walked into the room.

"Shut up Khaleeloo and yes we want to,so go away," Hisham replied.

"I am here to stay and your wife has been calling non stop for the past fifteen minutes.Please call her back before someone dies," said Khaleel as he threw Hisham his cellphone.

"What?Why didnt you pick up?"

"I picked up the first call but i dont think she was too happy to hear my voice."