CHAPTER NINE

Everyone in the Hosseini household was buzzing with excitement after Hisham had practically "announced" on the dinner table that he was ready to marry Zulekha.

Their mother had started crying while their father immediately began calling everyone he knew.They had waited too long for this day and Alhamdullilah it had finally arrived.

Yasir was extremely happy for his brother but he could also sense that Hisham was not in usual jovial mood.He had expected his brother to be somewhere in the kitchen stacking his plate to the brim due to happiness but instead Hisham was sitting next to him all quiet.

"Akhi, are you happy?" he asked concerned hoping that Hisham had not agreed to the marriage due to their pressurizing mother.He understood his mother's concern and also Hisham's reason for not getting married had been extremely ridiculous.

Marriage was something sacred and he hoped that his elder brother understood that.He just could not say yes without thinking things through.

"Of course i am Yasir."

"You don't seem to be happy."

Hisham sighed.Yasir always realised if something was wrong.He really could not hide anything from him even if he wanted to.Its not that he wasn't happy but he also wasn't enthusiastic about getting married either.Not just to Zulekha but to any other woman.He liked his single life.

"I am happy but im not too sure you know.I am scared.Scared that things won't work out," said Hisham.

Yasir nodded in understanding.Wasn't being scared normal? Khaleel too had been freaked out before his first meeting.

"Thats okay Akhi,its normal to get cold feet i guess but are you happy with Zulekha?Are you ready to spend the rest of your life with her?"

"Yes i am."

Hisham felt terrible.He did not like lying to his brother but how could he tell him of his insecurities?Zulekha had already demanded to shift to another house immediately after they got married.He knew that was a norm for many couples but he did not want to leave his family.

He had spoken to his mother about it but she has persuaded him that it was okay hence in the end after finding no other reason to say no to Zulekha, he had agreed to get married, hoping with all his might that he had made the right decision.

"Okay Akhi, i am really happy for you.Can't wait for my little nephews and nieces,"said Yasir grinning.

"Shut up Yasir."

"What? Its true.I can't wait to pamper them."

"Well, dont forget that you are next.Immediately i get married, Mama will begin her wife hunt for you," said Hisham teasingly.

Yasir remained silent for a while.He did not want to get married.Ever.He did feel sad knowing that he would never own a family of his own but that is how it would always be.Nobody would want to marry a blind man.He personally had no problem with his blindness but he was very much aware of how the society as well as their culture stigmatized blindness.

It would be a test for any woman to marry him and he had no plans to make any woman suffer.

"Well, its settled then, In Sha Allah Hisham and Zulekha will get married at the masjid this Friday and Khaleel and Yumnah will get married next Friday," said their father.

Everyone in the house was happy except for Yasir.

The familiar dreadful feeling was sinking once again in the depths of his heart.

And he could do nothing about it but pray.

*****************

Sleepless nights had become a norm for Yumnah since she got engaged to Khaleel.The poor girl had lost all hope.She was going to get married to a man she did not love and worse still was the fact that he was from the Hosseini family.She would obviously bump into Yasir every now and then and she wondered how she would handle it.

Would she be able to love Khaleel as much as she loved Yasir?How could she marry Khaleel when Yasir was embedded in her each and every thought?

A tear trickled down her face and she quickly wiped it off with her hijab.She usually spent her nights praying or rather crying.She felt helpless.She had tried to talk to her mother immediately the Hosseini family had left but she had earned a slap in return.

She had always known that her parents would never approve of Yasir but she did not understand why.Her mother was the one who had taught her not to judge people and that everyone was perfect.Then how could the very same person push her into this loveless marriage?Push her into betraying an innocent man?

She bit her lip trying to hold back her tears.Her eyes were usually swollen every morning and the last thing she wanted was questioning from her father.She had heard enough negativity about Yasir from her mother and she did not need her father to add on it.

She leaned against her bed deep in thought.She had always made a specific dua to Allah which was to marry Yasir.But was that right?Indeed Allah knew what is best for everyone and maybe Yasir was not the one for her.

She remembered a quote Ustadha had once read out in class.

"Allah has already written the name of your spouses for you.What you need to work on is your relationship with Allah.He will send him or her to you when you are ready.Its only a matter of time."

Was Khaleel the one?

Maybe this was her Qadr and she was being adamant on not accepting it.
She needed to be patient and accept whatever came her way.

Yumnah closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep mentally preparing herself for her future.

A future without Yasir.

The only man she loved and would forever love.

******
YOUR VOTE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED :)

ALHAMDULLILAH HER BLIND HUSBAND HAS GOTTEN 1K READS THANKS TO ALL OF YOU :)

ASALAM ALEIKUM GUYS :)

UP NEXT IS HISHAM'S WEDDING AND KHALEEL AND YUMNAH ARE GOING TO TALK THINGS THROUGH  :)