CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

"Many at times, the people in your family are the only ones you can turn back to. Keep them close."- Amalkhan807.

Bilal shifted his gaze from Yasir to Yumnah and then back to Yasir while continuously shaking his head in disbelief. He opened his mouth to say something but was then rendered speechless when his eyes fell on his daughter's already packed suitcase. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying his best not to laugh as he stared at the two in front of him, his heart swelling with happiness on seeing how tightly Yumnah had her hand clasped around her husband's and vice versa.

"I just cannot believe this," he finally muttered trying his best to control his laughter in every possible way he could.

"Uncle Bilal...," began Yasir only to be quickly interrupted.

"NO YASIR!"

"I am really very sorry..."

"NO YASIR! This is NOT how things work in MY HOUSE. There are some formalities. There are some procedures that you have to carry out. You cannot just..."

"Wait, is this a police station?" asked Yumnah looking around confusedly and then turning to shoot daggers at her father who simply replied by smiling sheepishly and shrugging his shoulders.

"Can you please stop?" she mouthed to him and rolled her eyes when he immediately mouthed back with "A big fat no."

"Papa!"

"YUMNAH!"

"Papa!"

"YUMNAH!" said Bilal trying to sound as stern as possible and grinned from ear to ear upon seeing all blood drain from Yasir's face.

"First of all, who even allowed you to pack your bags?"

"Uncle Bilal, please can I explain...," began Yasir only to be interrupted once again by the father daughter duo.

"To start with, I never really unpacked them, "said Yumnah unclasping her hand from Yasir's and angrily crossing them over her chest.

"Lies!"

"Papa..."

"I am really very DISSAPOINTED in you Yumnah. I never expected for you to..." said Bilal but stopped when he heard Yasir inhale sharply and both him and Yumnah quickly turned to look at Yasir whose face was all pale and laden with guilt.

Yumnah then picked up the nearest cushion from the couch and playfully flung it at her father which he skilfully ducked while sticking his tongue out at her. He then cleared his throat and continued, totally enjoying every second of poor Yasir's discomfort.

"So as I was saying, I am really disappointed in you Yumnah. I never thought that you would betray us like this. Is this how I brought you up? Where is your team spirit at?"

"Team?" asked Yumnah, quirking up one of her eyebrows.

"Yes, TEAM!"

"What team Papa?"

"The one you just betrayed. You...you treacherous...team mate. Wait till I till I tell Hussein what you just did," said Bilal pointing his finger at his daughter in the most accusing way.

"I was part of no TEAM as far as I can remember," said Yumnah and her father immediately let out a gasp, his hand over his heart feigning hurt.

"Oh, so now just because Yasir is here, you decide to backstab us? How nice!"

"Papa!"

"Traitor!"

"Papa!"

"In fact Yasir, take Traitor Saeed away already, "said Bilal and smiled when he heard Yasir let out a small laugh.