CHAPTER FORTY FIVE (Part One)

It was graduation day!

A day that Khaleel had been looking forward to since the very first day he had joined the university but today, instead of feeling happy and excited like the rest of his classmates, he felt miserable.

Utterly miserable.

He just could not stop himself from thinking about his deceased parents. He wondered how they would have reacted if they had been there. Would they have been emotional? Would have his Mama cried like they Khaltu had? Would have his Baba insisted on throwing a graduation party for him just the way Khalo had?

He could only help but wonder and he could only but... pray for them. He raised his hands in the air and made heartfelt dua for both his parents. He prayed to Allah that He may grant them Jannah and that one day, he would be united with both of them, once again.

"Hey Khaleel, want to come take a picture with me and my family?" asked Daniel, one of his closest friends.

"Thanks Dan but I think ive taken too many pictures today. My face is hurting from all the smiling," he lied.

He just couldn't deal with taking another family photo. Every single photo made his mind drift off to his parents and the last thing he wanted was to breakdown on a day like this. He had taken numerous pictures with Khalo and Khaltu and that was enough for him.

"You should have agreed to take that picture you know? I mean like with your praying mantis like face, I doubt anyone would want you in their pictures in the nearby future," said Hisham and Khaleel's eyes immediately lit up on hearing his eldest cousin's voice.

"You are late. The graduation is over," huffed Khaleel as he crossed his hands over his chest.

"Sorry hon but I got late doing makeup."

"I am not your hon."

Hisham laughed as he pulled a chair and sat right next to his very very annoyed cousin. What did Khaleel think? That he had missed his graduation ceremony? He would never do that. Not even if his life depended on it.

"You actually looked great while taking your degree you know. I still can't believe that you were one of the toppers," said Hisham smiling.

"You were there?"

"Of course I was you idiot. I just didn't want to sit with Hitler. I have my standards okay?"

Khaleel let out a laugh,all his previous thoughts about his parents disappearing.

"Now stop whining, smile and take a picture with me," said Hisham as he raised his phone to take a selfie of both of them.

"I look horrible in that. Delete it," said Khaleel as soon as Hisham clicked the picture.

"I told you to smile but you didn't. Now I will take this picture, print it and show it to all the girls at the office. Maybe one, just one, might fall for you Khaleelo."

"Get lost."

Hisham shook with laughter as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

"So did you like actually top or...?"

"What do you think?"

"I don't know. Like you are naturally very dumb so..."

"I hate you," said Khaleel as he punched him on his shoulder trying his best not to laugh.

"No i actually need to know because I got you a job."

"Really? You did?"

"Ofcourse I did. Why wouldn't I?" asked Hisham.