CHAPTER TWENTY

"What is this i am hearing bro?You broke it off with Yumnah?" shouted Khaleel as he barged into Yasir's office.

"Good morning to you too Khaleel," Yasir replied calmly.He had been receiving such outbursts since morning from everyone in his family.

"You are making a mistake Yasir.A really big one," shouted Khaleel.He just couldn't believe it.Everything had turned out so well MashAllah and now this.

"If shouting is supposed to make me go back on my decision then wallah its not helping Khaleel."

"I did what was best," Yasir added but it was more of a whisper.

Why couldn't they just end this topic.He had already said no, right?Then why did everyone have to overreact?Typical Hosseinis.

"Best for who?" asked Khaleel crossing his hands over his chest.

"For her."

"Did she ask you to do that for her?"

"No!"

"Then?"asked Khaleel.

He felt so frustrated.This idiot.In fact idiots.Both of them were,Yumnah included.He was sure that she must be somwwhere crying her heart out instead of standing up for what was right.

"Her mother does not consent to the marriage Khaleel."

"But her father does.He is her Wali.Is it just me or are you deliberately trying to be thick Yasir?"Khaleel asked, his voice rising again.

He was going to have none of this nonsense.Yasir was like his little brother and it was his responsibility to knock some sense into him.

Yasir passed his hands through his hair multiple times in frustration.He could feel Khaleel's eyes on him and it did kind of make him uneasy.Why couldn't they all just understand?He couldnt marry her.Not without her mother's consent.

"I dont want her to break her mother's heart," he finally said.

He just could not.A mother was someone precious.Someone Allah had commanded to respect,obey and approach with humility.Someone who needed to be talked to softly with alot of love and affection and not to be shouted at like the way Yumnah had done because of him.It was all because of him but not anymore.

"Oh really?All those nasty things she said about you dont matter.All that matters to you is that Yumnah should not break her mother's heart?"

"Yes."

"Mind explaining why?"

"Because through her mother she can go to Jannah,Khaleel."

"And through you she will complete half of her deen," shouted Khaleel.

"Khaleel,please just drop this.Ive had enough.I have work to do," said Yasir.He needed some peace.He needed time alone.

"Yumnah is suffering Yasir and yes i also know the status of a mother in Islam,but this case is different.There is ignorance involved.A lot of it."

"But she is still her mother," said Yasir.He too was getting annoyed now but if he too started shouting then things would just get complicated.

He needed to be patient.

"Whatever Yasir but i am not going to give up.This is not the last of me.I will be back to knock some sense into that coconut brain yours exactly after three hours.See you then In Sha Allah," said Khaleel stressing on In Sha Allah at the same time slamming the door really hard on his way out.

Yasir sighed.Well, there was still one more Hosseini to go through."Hitler" himself and boy was he sure that it was not going to turn out well.

He threw back his head on his chair,his eyes closed.What did Khaleel and everyone else think?That he was not hurting?He was definately not a heartless man.From just that one meeting,he had grown fond of Yumnah and breaking it off with her had taken alot of courage.

That was the last thing he had wanted to do but he had still done it because that was the right thing to do, according to him.

If Yumnah was suffering then this time she was not alone.He too was suffering.The same dreadful feeling had crept up once again in his heart.

And this time it hurt like hell because he knew exactly why he was feeling that way.

But he was man with principles.A man of faith and he had decided to keep his faith in Allah knowing that Allah would never wrong him.

If Yumnah was the one for him then he knew that they would be united no matter what.

He just needed to be patient.

And that he was.

*************

Things were also not well at Yumnah's house.A lot of shouting could be heard from her parent's bedroom.

"I am really ashamed of you Saeeda.I never expected you to be this hostile," said Bilal.
He had been trying to convince his stubborn wife but she just wouldn't budge.He had never seen this side of hers for the thirty years they had now been married.

"That girl is not in her senses."

"She is very much in her senses Saeeda.You should be proud of her.Today, i can say with pride that i have brought my daughter up respectfully and according to the sunnah."

"Well, i am not proud of her at all," said his wife spitefully.

"And neither am i of you.You have ashamed me woman.Really ashamed me.How will i even face Hussein?Don't forget i have been friends with him even before i married you," said Bilal in despair.

"Dont forget Saeeda,Yasir could have been our son as well.That is how Allah created him and all of Allah's creation is perfect.Dont be the judge here," he shouted.

It was true.What if Yumnah had been the one who was blind?Wouldn't they too have expected a man to be out there to accept her how she was?It was all about fate and he was glad that his Yumnah was willing to be that woman for Yasir.They were meant to be.He could clearly see it as well but his wife was blinded.

"Yasir is flawed.Let him go look for a flawed woman as well.I will not give him my daughter," said Saeeda.

Bilal's phone began to ring but he ignored it.He couldn't believe his wife's guts.

"If we are talking about flaws here then fine.I can also then confidently blame you for not bearing me more children."

"That is not my fault Bilal.That is what Allah had written for us."

"Thats exactly my point Saeeda," said Bilal as he picked up his ringing phone from the dressing table and walked out hoping that he had driven his point home.

He turned his phone to receive it and immediately all the blood drained from his face when he saw the name on the screen.

It was Hussein calling...

***********
PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT :)

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE

LOVE YOU GUYS

ASALAM ALEIKUM :)