CHAPTER ELEVEN

Khaleel's heart broke as he watched the woman in front of him cry her heart out.Her sobs were getting louder by the minute but he sincerely did not know what to do.He had followed her out on instinct but then going up to her would not be appropriate.

He quickly looked around but there was no one.Should he go call his aunt or would that just complicate things?Maybe she just needed some time alone but then why was she crying like that?Had someone told her something offensive?

Khaleel stood quite a good distance away from her as he tried to figure out what to do.Why was it so difficult?He knew that he was not supposed to talk to her alone but then again he just could not get himself to leave.

"Yumnah are you okay?" he called out immediately he heard her let out another whimper.

Poor Yumnah could not hold back her tears despite hearing Khaleel's voice.She was too overwhelmed to even stop her loud sobs.

"Im fine," she replied very well knowing that he would not believe her.

Khaleel smiled an amused expression on his face.

"MashAllah Yumnah,that is one quite unique way of being fine."

The woman was clearly suffering, no doubt about it.They both stood in silence as Yumnah's sobs got quieter.Khaleel keenly watched her having mentally decided to find out what was disturbing her no matter what.

"Well, im not leaving until you tell me the reason for your very "fine" mood," he said as he pulled an old garden chair from the corner of the garden.

Yumnah watched him sit down with a sigh and she too sat down on the floor a distance away from him.She was too upset to even think about her new abaya getting dirty.She was in a dilemma.Should she tell him?Her mother would definately pull her eyes out if she found out.She shuddered just by thinking of what would happen at home if she told Khaleel the truth.But she needed to be strong.For herself and for Khaleel.The guy was definately a sweetheart and she could not continue doing this to him.

" I am sorry but i dont think i want to get married to you," she whispered hoping that he had heard.This was difficult and she knowingly was going to hurt him.

Khaleel smiled much to Yumnah's surprise.He had expected something of the sort from the day at the jewellery store.

"You think or you dont want to?"

"I dont want to, i am really sorry ," she said as more tears trickled down her face.She was one horrible person.A coward.

Khaleel let out a sigh as he passed his hand over his face.

"Then why did you say yes to my marriage proposal even before our first meeting?" he asked confused.

Yumnah remained silent for a long while contemplating whether she should tell him or not.She had never told anyone about her feelings for Yasir and telling his very own cousin about them was weird.More weird because this was the man she was apparently going to get married to in less than week.

"Yumnah?"

"I thought it was someone else from the Hosseini family," she said hoping he would figure out who by himself.

Khaleel frowned as he tried to figure it all out.Well,she was crying her heart out on Hisham's wedding day.Did she like Hisham?Oh no!

"I am sorry Yumnah, i doubt Hisham would want a second wife," he said genuinely feeling bad for her.It definately was heart breaking seeing someone you love marry someone else.It must be a horrible feeling he figured.

Yumnah sniffed, shaking her head vigorously.Hisham?Why would he even think that?

"No,its not Hisham."

Khaleel was now more confused.If it wasn't Hisham then that left...Yasir.He let out a loud gasp as realisation dawned on him.

"Yasir?Its him right?" he asked.

Yumnah nodded her head and Khaleel did not miss out the the red tint on her cheeks.

"MashAllah Yumnah,i must say i respect you more now but why didnt you say so from before?Why were you going to marry me?"

Yumnah looked at him sadly as she told him how her mother would have none of if.She had been helpless.Even now she knew she was in deep deep trouble.

"Those rings the lady mentioned.Had you chosen one for him?" he asked a warm feeling settling in his heart as he saw her nod.Surprisingly he did not feel sad or heartbroken but instead he wanted to learn more about her feelings for his cousin.Yasir was one lucky man MashAllah and he did not even know it.

"Mmmh,dont worry Yumnah,i will break of our engagement but you have to fight for your feelings.Are you just going to give up?"

Yumnah looked up at him gratefully.A great burden had been lifted off her chest.

"I am really sorry Khaleel.I had never wanted for things to turn out the way they did."

Khaleel let out a laugh.What was this woman made of?Why was she even apologising?

"Dont apologise Yumnah.How could i have been happy with a woman who is madly in love with my cousin?"he asked a wide smile on his face.

"But do you think he will accept me especially now that we broke off our engagement?"she asked doubt settling in her heart.

"I dont see why not, have tawakul Yumnah but then you have to speak up.Talk to your father.Maybe he thinks differently.If you want i can speak to him."

Yumnah shook her head.She needed to do this on her own.Maybe Khaleel was right.Her father might see everything in a different light.If he refused then she would just accept it.Maybe that would be her fate since she would never want to get married without her father's blessings.

"Il talk to him.JazakAllah Khaleel.Thank you for understanding."

Khaleel stood up and put the chair back where it had been.

"Waiyaki, and remember i am still your brother in Islam and a friend whenever needed.Things should never be awkward between us.I will pray that you get what you want and if you want i can always talk to Yasir," he said as he prepared to leave.

He was extremely glad that they had talked things through.He couldnt wait to see Yasir's face.In Sha Allah this was going to be one great love story and he would try everything in his might to make it happen.The rest was upto Allah.

Before he left,he turned to her and said," You know what Yumnah?Just bake him some of your chocolate chip cookies.The guy will definately flip."

Yumnah laughed as she watched him walk away.Alhamdullilah, she was free now.She would always pray for Khaleel as well.He was a good guy and she would pray that he found the woman with whom he would complete his deen.

The talk with him had rekindled a little hope in her heart.Maybe things werent as bad.Her heart was pure and so were her intentions.

But then things were not always easy and Yumnah would have to learn how to put on a brave fight.

A brave fight for the man of her dreams.

*******
PLEASE DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS REALLY THINK OF THE BOOK EVEN IF ITS NEGATIVE :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME,

ASALAM ALEIKUM :)