CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Yasir raised his hands to make dua in a bid to get rid of his uneasiness.They had been at the masjid for the past half an hour but Imam had still not shown up with the Nikah papers.He was currently a nervous wreck and honestly, he just wanted to get done with it.He just finally wanted make her, his.Forever.

He wondered if she was too was feeling nervous like him.He knew that uncle Bilal was already at the masjid and judging from his happy voice he knew that she had already given her consent.But doubt kept settling in his heart and he hoped that he was not ruining her life.

"See, i told you guys.Never schedule a Nikah after dhuhr prayers, these guys go for lunch and forget about everything," said Hisham.

"So my suggestion is, lets order pizza while we wait," he added.

"Hisham, you cannot always be eating," said Khaleel.

"Shut up fish face."

"Yasir,please tell Hisham to stop calling me names."

"Guys stop.We are at the masjid for goodness sake.Let the Nikah get done and il tell Hitler to drop you two off at the park on our way back."

"Whatever and look the Imam is finally here," said Hisham.

Immediately after passing salams the Imam began a khutbah on the sunnah of marriage much to everyone's dismay.Khaleel and Hisham let out rather loud groans while Yasir just smiled.

"I am never attending another wedding in my life,"whispered Khaleel.

"Dream on bro because you are getting married next," said Hisham smirking.In fact he couldnt wait.Let them all suffer.

"Guys, this is sunnah please listen," whispered Yasir.It was a beautiful khutbah and he didnt understand why the two thick heads didnt want to listen.The Imam had already finished reciting the three verses of taqwa and was currently narrating a hadith.

He continued to listen keenly and his breath hitched when he heard the Imam ask uncle Bilal for his consent.It would be his turn soon and he doubted he would be able to speak, since his throat had already turned dry.

Seconds later,he felt Hisham's hand on his shoulder and he knew that the Imam had now turned to him.

"Do you Yasir Hosseini take Yumnah Saeed in marriage for the stipulated amounts of mahr mentioned?" asked the Imam loudly.

Yasir cleared his throat and answered boldly.

"I accept her in my marriage."

The Imam asked him the same question thrice to which Yasir answered boldly each time.

"Barak Allah laka wa baraka alayka wa jama'a baynakuma bikhayr.(May Allah bless you and have his blessings descend upon you and unite you in goodness)"

Yasir closed his eyes as the Imam recited the dua.He couldn't believe that he was finally a married man.Yumnah Saeed was finally his wife,his better half,half his deen, in fact she was now his everything.

"Mabrook bro," said Hisham as he hugged him.

"JazakAllah Akhi."

"Yasir,mabrook.How are you feeling now?" asked Bilal as he hugged him.

"I am happy uncle,jazakAllah for giving me Yumnah's hand.I promise to keep her happy to the best of my ability."

"No Yasir,thank you for accepting my daughter.May Allah grant both of you all the happiness and you have to call me Papa now.I finally have a son."

Yasir laughed and Bilal patiently waited next to him as everyone took turns to congratulate both of them.

"So Yasir are you ready to go?"