CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

From a distance, one could easily tell that Yumnah and Yasir were a newly wed couple.From time to time, Yasir would take her hand in his and graze her wrist with his thumb, something he had become accustomed to in the past two days.

They had come down for breakfast around two hours ago but neither of them had any realisation of the time.They just sat together talking about the randomest of things.

"So you really think i should continue with my Quran classes?"

"Of course.I dont think you should stop just because you got married," said Yasir as he drew small circles on her wrist with his thumb.

Yumnah blushed as butterflies erupted in her stomach.He seemed to love doing that and she didn't have the heart to stop him inspite of how breathless it really made her.

"So how did you usually go for you're classes?"

"I used to take the bus and i was always late," said Yumnah laughing.Ustadha had grown tired of shouting at her every single time.

"Wow, i have never been on a bus before.Hisham has though,he snuck out of school once," said Yasir smiling.Hisham lets just say, was the black sheep in the family.

Yumnah looked at her husband in shock.

"Get serious."

"Wallah i haven't, but i want to one day," he said.

Yumnah immediately stood up and pulled his hand.

"Yallah Yallah, lets go," she said, half dragging him already.

"Habibty whats wrong? Where are we going?"

"To take a bus," she said still pulling him.

"Yumnaaah, are you crazy? Ya Rabb, whom did i get married to?" he said trying to free himself.This was one crazy woman for sure.

"Shut up and come already.The next bus will be here in the next five minutes.We can still catch it."

Yasir huffed and reluctantly followed her.This woman was going to be the death of him for sure.

They got to the bus stage and minutes later Yasir heard the sound of the bus.They continued standing quietly, Yasir unsure of what was going on.

"Yumnah why aren't we getting on it?" he asked.

"Because we are waiting for it to leave," she replied calmly.

"What?But why?"

"Because we are going to run after it Habibi.That's why."

Yasir immediately began to panic as soon as he digested what his wife had told him.Did she have plans of killing or what?

"Are you crazy?"he shouted.

"Yes!"

"I can't run Yumnah."

"Do you trust me Yasir?"she asked.

"No.Not at all especially not after today ," he replied worry etched all over his face.Yumnah laughed as she took the cane from his hand.

"I know you do, now just hold my hand and run when i tell you to," she replied her voice all calm.

"Yumnah, but..."

"Yasir just run habibty, run," she shouted as she pulled him.

And he did.

He tightly held on to her hand,and ran as fast he could in the direction she was pulling him.He let out a laugh when he heard a giggle and for the first time in his life, Yasir let himself go.He closed his eyes as he felt the wind hit his face not worrying at all about any obstacles on the pavement.