CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

Yasir stood still in shock as he tried to comprehend what his cousin had just told him. He just could not believe his ears. Zulekha? How did she even come into all of this? It didn't make sense at all.

"Have you lost your mind Khaleel?"

"I am telling you bro, all this is because of that 'cake shop'."

Yasir sighed as he felt for his chair and sat down.

"Now what on earth is 'cake shop'?"

"That is Zulekha Akram for you!"

"What?"

"Haven't you seen the amount of makeup that woman puts?"

"I am blind Khaleel."

"Consider yourself lucky then," said Khaleel a large frown on his face.

"Khaleel..."

"No Yasir, im very serious. Wallah sometimes i personally get worried that if she goes out in the sun she will melt. Like for real."

"Why are you hating on her so much? She is our sister, remember that," said Yasir.

He genuinely considered his Akhi's wife to be his sister and he was not at all happy with the way Khaleel was badmouthing her.

"That 'cake shop' is not my sister," grumbled Khaleel his frown deepening.

"Okay fine, so how is she behind all this? Why would she of all people, want my shares?"

"Maybe she wants to sell your shares to buy more make up," he huffed and Yasir immediately palmed his face.

He just could not believe that they were even having this conversation. And what was this conversation really about? Shares, makeup or cake?

"Khaleel this is wrong," began Yasir.

"The only thing or person wrong here is that 'cake shop' and il prove it to you and that too with facts, Khaleelo's facts," said Khaleel as he pulled an office chair and sat right next to Yasir.

"Let me start with Hisham," he said and Yasir slowly nodded his head waiting for him to continue.

"Is your Akhi a spendthrift?"

"Not at all," Yasir immediately replied.

"Does he like luxurious things?"

Yasir remained silent for a while and Khaleel could clearly see that his cousin was deep in thought.

"Well he does own an expensive sports car," began Yasir but Khaleel quickly cut him off.

"Forget his sports car bro, we both know his love for sports cars is to a whole new level but other than that, when has Hisham spent money on luxurious things?"

"Never, unless he is buying something for someone else," whispered Yasir at the same time wondering where this conversation was heading. So far, he had not could not see how Zulekha came into all of this.

"Exactly bro, now look at how all this will flow," said Khaleel as he grabbed a paper and pen from the desk and began drawing a flow chart totally forgetting that Yasir could not see.

"Where does your Akhi live now?" he asked excitedly. He just could not wait to drive his point home.

"In a house?" replied Yasir confusedly.

Khaleel put his pen down as he stared at Yasir in disbelief. Did he just say house? Like seriously?

"Really Yasir? That is not a house bro. That is a freaking palace. Like dude, its even bigger than the Hosseini Mansion."