CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Saeeda knocked softly on the door unsure of how to face her daughter.This was the first time that they had fought and she wasn't sure of how to patch things up.Should she have apologised to Yasir first?

No.

They were fighting because of that blind man in the first place.

Saeeda sighed.She really needed to put her ego aside if she wanted to win back her daughter and her husband.As much as she still did not approve of Yasir,she could do nothing about it.Her husband's words had sliced through her heart deeply.Never had he ever complained of her infertility but rather he had given all his love and attention to their only child.

She very well knew of how much he had always wanted other children.He had always wanted a big family but she had not been able to grant him that and today she was hurting the same man who had loved and respected her despite all odds.

And she was hurting their only child too but now she planned on winning them back even if it meant accepting Yasir.

Maybe,after some months of marriage,Yumnah would realise her mistake In Sha Allah.There was still hope and she would cling to it.

She knocked on the door once again but still there was no answer.

"Yumnah?"

Silence.

"Yumnah are you in there?"

Silence.

"Yumnah,i am really sorry about everything.If you want,i can even apologise to Yasir."

Still there was no answer.

"Yumnah won't you forgive your mother?"asked Saeeda desperately.Was her daughter annoyed to the point of not even answering back?

She knocked again this time a bit loudly but still there was no reply.She gently turned the door handle and opened the door only to find a neatly arranged but empty room.

******

"Yasir,there you are my boy,"said Hussein as he barged into Yasir's office.

Yasir grimaced.First of all, people had to stop barging into his office as if it was a public washroom and secondly,what enemity did they have with the poor door?His office would be doorless soon at this rate.

"Salam Baba."

"Waleikum salam my son."

Wait,why did "Hitler" sound so happy?Wasn't he mad like everyone else?

"Come on,lets go," said his father.

"Where to?"

"The mall.Im craving milkshake."

Yasir frowned.Since when did "Hitler" start having milkshake.

"Baba, you cannot be craving for milkshake,"he said crossing his hands over his chest.

"And why not?"

"You are lactose intolerant."

"Aaah that.I still have milk from time to time but dont tell your Mama.Its a secret and today Yasir you have been let on in on one of the biggest family secrets.I am so proud of you my son,"said Hussein.

"Really now Baba, and who else knows this secret?"asked Yasir.

"Since when did you become a cop?Shut up and lets go.I want to have icecream and thats it,"said his father as he grabbed his hand and pulled him.

Wait,hadn't he just said milkshake a few second ago?

What was going on?

*********