EPILOGUE TWO

"There is already too much hate going round. Be different and spread some love."- Amalk807

A connection.

A heartfelt connection.

That is exactly what Yasir and his beautiful daughter Minha shared.

Minha identified with each and every of Yasir's qualities and the last thing she ever saw was her father's disability.

For her, Yasir was nothing short of a hero, a friend, a role model and best of all, was that knew him as the man who loved her mother with all of his heart.

The best part of the little girl's day was definitely the time her father came back from work and today wasn't any different.

The second the doorbell rang, she ran down the stairs as fast as her tiny legs could carry her and of course, without any doubts, while skipping a stair at a time.

She jumped into her grandfather's arms as soon as the door opened and Hussein knowingly smiled to himself when the first and only question she asked him was...

"Where is Baba?"

"He wasn't behaving at work so I gave him some time out," said Hussein and threw back his head in laughter when she gave him one of the best disappointed looks a four-year-old could pull off.

She immediately wiggled out of his arms the minute she heard Khaleel's car pull up in the driveway and as Hussein made his way into the house, he couldn't help but ask out aloud...

"Is there anything one can do to make Minha love Yasir just a little bit less?"

"Same question bro, same question!" muttered Yumnah to herself but loud enough for her to earn a chuckle from Yasmin.

Yasir carefully opened the car's door, his heart racing against his chest as he keenly listened to his daughter's familiar tiny footsteps get nearer and nearer towards him and a huge ass smile broke out on his face when she, quite out of breath, came and stood right next to the open car door and whispered...

"Baba!"

"Asalam aleikum Habibty," he said, his hazel eyes sparkling with happiness which was nothing comparable to the happiness in his daughter's even darker hazel eyes.

"Waleikum salam Baba."

"How was your day, Hayati?"

"Fine!" she whispered shyly as she played around with car's window button and Yasir smiled to himself when he heard the sound of the windows getting rolled up and down.

"Won't you ask your Baba how his day was?"

"How was your day?" she asked as her hands playfully moved to now, fidget with the car's lock.

"It was really great. Me and your Khalo Khaleel 'accidentally' ate the lunch grandma sent for your grandpa," said Yasir and laughed when he heard his daughter let out a chuckle which of course was nothing but music to his ears.

Minha cutely covered her mouth with both her hands as she laughed with her father, her eyes drifting to her Khalo Khaleel who silently sat in the driver's seat, watching them and the minute their eyes met, he playfully stuck his tongue out at her to which she ended up laughing even harder.

"Now, can you help me get inside?" asked Yasir, a different kind of twinkle settling in his eyes when he felt her take his large hand into her small one and gave it a gentle tug.

She then in the most adorable, most endearing way helped guide him towards the house as Khaleel quietly followed them, totally oblivious of the fact that her father already knew his way home by heart and that he only did this charade every single day just for her.