SNIPPIT #3 SWIMMING: Part two

I waited outside worriedly. Keefe was taking a LONG time.

Finally, I was able to breathe, when I saw his unruly hair bobbing as he jogged over to me, the biggest grin on his face.

"How'd it go?" I asked, trying to contain my excitement, but failing.

"Great!" He smiled happily, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"Hey, what'd you get?" I tried reaching for the paper, but Keefe held it above me teasingly.

However, I gave him a little zap of pain, and used telekinesis to steal it from him.

"Ha, I win," I smiled smugly.

"That's not fair! You were using abilities," he muttered, not really caring.

"All's fair in the name of love and war."

"Wow Foster," he chuckled.

"Anyway, are you going to tell me, or am I going to have to find out myself?"

"Depends," he said coyly.

"On what?"

"On this," he said quickly, grabbing the scroll out of my hands, and running away.

"KEEFE!" I shouted, laughing, as I ran after him.

"Race you home!" He called over his shoulder, jumping over a bench and lightleaping away. The nerve he had! 

Slightly annoyed, I pulled out my crystal, and calmly entered the warm light.

~*~*~*~*

My jaw dropped.

"Hey Foster," Keefe whispered in my ear. His voice lower--nervous.

I didn't say anything and just stared in awe. Vines of blue and violet vibrant flowers were strewn across the yard. The waterfall was glowing a bright blue, and all of the trees were wrapped in colorful lights.

"You okay? Do you hate it? Oh you hate it. I knew it was too cheesy. God, I'm so stupid!" Keefe ranted, covering his eyes in embarrassment.

I turned around, grabbing his hands.

"I love it," I whispered, pecking his lips.

He seemed to relax, but still seemed on edge.

"You want to eat?" He asked, taking my hand.

I nodded eagerly, and he lead me up the path and to the top of the waterfall. A little picnic blanket was bunched up on the ground and a tray of mallowmelt, ripplefluffs, and other treats were stacked in a pyramid. 

"What's the special occasion?" I teased.

He didn't answer, and turned a little red. However, I was too focused on the mallowmelt to look into it. We settled down and were halfway through our 'meal', which was basically just desserts.

"So, are you going to tell me what jobs you're thinking about selecting?" I asked, licking the icing off of a trufflenut.

"I actually already decided what I was going to do," he nodded happily, blue eyes twinkling.

"What?"

"But first, I want you to know, just cause I was proud they even considered me a good candidate, they did want me to be an Emissary," he beamed.

"That's great, but I'm guessing you declined?"

"I did, because I've already signed up to train under Grady to transform this place into an animal rehabilitation and training center."