Chapter 31

It was a day after Keefe and I arrived at dusk from the Neverseen secret fortress.

"Wait what?" Keefe asked, leaning against Dex's doorway with his arms crossed. He had a long white bandage around the side of his face.

"Turns out they had a really strong Telepath and other stuff. So, basically it messed with all of our minds except for yours," he said pointing at Sophie.

"Wait, but how come I got 'infected'," I asked.

"Well, they must have tried to mess with yours, but it didn't really work until you started to believe it yourself. Since they had a Mesmer they got Keefe and Biana to start screaming. I guess cause you believed it, they were able to inject you with something to make the symptoms appear for you," he shrugged.

"But what about Elwin?" Keefe asked.

"Must have been under a trance just like the rest of us," Dex said.

"Does Biana know what happened?" I asked.

Dex blushed, "Um.....yeah. I talked to her this morning."

"You just talked to her?" Keefe smirked, raising an eyebrow. 

Dex turned even darker, and I gave Keefe a glare. He mouthed 'what', and I rolled my eyes.

"Does the council know?" I said, alarmed.

Dex looked relieved at the sudden change in topic, "Yep. Talked to them yesterday."

I nodded and went to say something, when his importer flashed. Dex blushed and picked it up.

"Hey--Um hmm. Now? Like right now? I don't know. I understand. Yep. Okay. Um hmm. Alright, got it. Yep. Um hmm. Really? Wow. Oh my gosh that's wonderful! Okay, I'll stop. I'll see you in a few, bye." He said hanging up.

He looked up at us, and Keefe smirked.

"Well, I uh, have to go," he muttered, turning red. 

"Okay well, I guess we'll---" I started.

"Who was that?" Keefe interrupted. 

"Nobody really. Just a friend who is going through some stuff right now," Dex dismissed the idea.

Keefe stepped towards him with a knowing smile, "Just a friend?"

"Yep," Dex said awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes a the exchange, and pulled on Keefe's arm, "Bye Dex!"

Once outside Keefe exclaimed, "What was that for?"

"For not minding your own business!" I scolded.

"Sophie--"

"No. That was embarrassing for Dex! He won't ever be able to tell me anything ever again because you made it seem like I tell you everything!"

"You don't tell me everything? Foster I'm wounded," he said mockingly.

I let out an angry huff and started walking away. I felt Keefe's arm tug mine so I would stop. I did and turned around quickly.

"What?" I asked curtly, arms crossed.

"You are overthinking things. Dex trusts you, I was just teasing him and he knows it," he said with a small smile.

"You don't know that," I said stubbornly, not looking at him.

"I know a lot more than people give me credit for," he said with a wink.