SNIPPIT #2 PART 2:

I was sitting in the audience in a trance by the performers. It was crazy how talented some of these elves were.

"And now to the Empaths!" A voice came on the loud speaker, and then all the lights went out.

And a sole light went on in the middle of the audience. Standing there, was Keefe, his blonde hair disheveled. 

I couldn't help but smile, this boy was something else. Always having a flare for the dramatic. I watched him walk around the aisles, not saying anything.

He was surveying the crowd, analyzing every fine detail. Then he smiled.

"Ah, what do we have here?" He asked teasingly, sitting down next to a girl and her friends. "Nervous are we? You don't like attention on you do you?"

The young girl turned bright red.

"And you, you--" Keefe paused for affect. "I'm feeling some strong emotions from this one. You either or desperately in love with me, which I'm flattered. I know, not everyone can have the Keefster, tis a shame really. But my gut's telling me you're in love with this fine lady here!"

Both girls turned red.

"What...?" The nervous one asked slightly worried.

"Um.........you weren't really supposed--"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Nervous girl asked incredulously.

"She didn't tell you because she was scared what you might think. That perhaps you would hate her, not want to be friends anymore. I'm guessing she's your best friend?" Keefe asked.

Both girls nodded.

"Okay, now back to this--" Keefe said pointing at the embarrassed girl with the red hair. "You'd rather be friends with her, then loose her all together. Whereas you, you are now analyzing every little thing. But you keep coming to the same conclusion, you also like this one."

The red head gasped, and the nervous girl froze.

"I--I--how'd you--how'd you know that?" The nervous one stuttered.

"Easy, you can't lie to an Empath," Keefe laughed, winking at the girls. "But my question is, what's holding you two back?"

They didn't answer.

"Wait--wait I'm feeling something--" Keefe paused. "No one here is judging you. Most likely they're annoyed with me, but then again who isn't? So, I'm going to ask you again--what's holding you back?"

Keefe grabbed something from the air, and opened his palm.

"Nothing," he whispered, blue eyes sparkling as he extended his hand to the entire audience. "Now to the juicy stuff!"

Keefe rubbed his hands together.

"Oh boy. Oh dear, I'm not entirely sure I should say this aloud," Keefe feigned uneasiness. "This fellow is nervous--slightly guilty even. What'd you do? I'm sensing it has something to do with--"

Keefe started snapping, trying to think.

"Top corner! Those are your parents, right?" Keefe asked, grinning when the boy paled. "I could tell because I could feel their tension. What did you do? I wouldn't want to be coming home tonight--" He teasingly whispered to the boy.

The crowd laughed a little bit.

"I'm guessing--siblings? Younger sister? She's by your parents isn't she?" Keefe asked.

"I'M RIGHT HERE!" The young girl giggled, except she was on the other side off the room. I saw the parents' shock, it matched my own.

Keefe let out a dramatic gasp, "You shaved her head?"

The boy's face heated up.

"Better take her to Keslers, probably has a funky mixture to fix that. However, I don't think your parents knew--"

The boy shook his head.

"Well, hey. I can fix this, okay?" Keefe snapped his fingers and an elixar appeared by the girl. The bald girl drank it, and her hair grew back.

"Give a hand to Kendal, our Conjurer who helped me tonight! And a special thanks to our special guests on Keefe's Emotional Detection Surprise! Have a good night!" Keefe shouted, waving at everyone in the audience.

Then there was another speaker announcement.

"The rest of the Empath's will be outside to do personal scanning! Test your abilities! Can you lie to an Empath?" Then the voice was off.