Chapter 11

Sophie's: POV

I lightleaped back to the prison, and I already had memories of pain accumulated in case I needed to inflict right away.

When I saw the first beam of light I rolled across the floor, and immediately inflicted on the Neverseen guards in the room. I stood up, brushing off the dirt, and opened my mind to the thoughts in the room.

I immediately found his, to say the least. His mind was practically screaming Foster, get out of here!

I stalked over towards the cell, right behind Fintan's, just as Fintan said he would be. I stuck out my index finger and middle finger, stepped to the left, and pulled the door out of its hinges. Keefe watched it drop.

"You shouldn't be here," he whispered, looking up at me.

His icy blue eyes had tears in them, and he had a scar from his eyebrow to his chin. His hair was buzzed short, again, and there was bruises all up his arms.

I grabbed his arm, and pulled him up.

"We have to get out of here before anyone--"

"Freeze!" Brant shouted.

Great. Just great.

I turned around with my hands in the air.

"S-Sophie? What? Where's Fintan? Wasn't he supposed to--" Brant eyes Keefe.

Keefe clears throat, "So-F-Foster, we better get out of here."

Keefe was eyeing Brant like dude I'm right here, pretending he was Fintan in disguise.

"Oh, right. DON'T LET THEM LEAVE ALIVE!" Brant shouted as everyone purposely blasted everything but us.

Keefe and I quickly leaped back to Havenfield.

"Care to explain what just happened there?" Keefe asked with a wince, as he placed a hand on his rib cage.

"I will, but before we need to go to--" I stared.

"Elwin's," we both said at the exact same time.

~~~~

When Elwin saw Keefe and I he fainted. Which was a bit annoying since he did it three other times. We're alive, yeesh, I get it! But fainting three times? It's not like we were missing for three years! A/N(Little does she know ;) Heheheh! Nice use of Dramatic Irony bravo, aw thanks me!)

Elwin looked at me with a look of uncertainty, he tossed me a bottle with a sleepy blue liquid in it.

"Drink that, all of it, right now!" He said worriedly.

I nodded and drank it, feeling woozy.

No, no more sedatives!

~~~

When I woke up I saw Keefe was drinking Elixirs left and right. Elwin was mostly tending to him, and then he called Edaline. Which wasn't the best idea, until piles and piles of food were in the room. It got really crowded and messy, and I was hungry. So, being a nice person, I had to eat it? You know? Couldn't let it go to waste. So I ate half of it.

Keefe was sound asleep, and he looked better. Whatever Elwin gave him helped his hair grow back, prevent him from starving, and got rid of the bruises. It also helped the color come back to his pale face.

Then Elwin moved onto me, and I had about ten Elixirs to drink. To say I felt better was an understatement, I felt like I was on top of the world. I felt at peace so I let sleep do its thing.

~~~

I woke up to rustling and hushed chatter. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw my parents and all of my friends.

"Mom? Dad?" I whispered, as I was trying to get out of bed.

"Take it easy, the void really took a lot out of you," Elwin said.

"What happened?" I asked.

Elwin looked from my parents to me.

"What? You can tell me!" I demanded, slightly annoyed.

Grady walked over and knelt by my bed, and grabbed my hand.

"How long do you think you were gone for?" He asked gently.

"Probably a few weeks, maybe three? I'm not really sure. It couldn't have been that long," I said looking back and forth from Grady to Elwin.

"Sophie, you've been gone for three years," my dad said with a sad look on his face. 

"No," I whispered shaking my head. I looked away from both of them.

"No, no, no, no. That can't be possible. I was only gone for a few hours. This is a dream, it has to be. I'll wake up soon, this is because of what Elwin gave me. It's making me delirious. So just wake up, you gotta wake up and everything will be okay. You didn't just miss three years of your life. You couldn't have, you'd be dead in three days without water. The void can't just produce that, so your all crazy. So wake up!" I rambled smacking my cheeks.

"Sophie, what I gave you already wore off. I had to give you that to preserve your body, because something happened that I've never seen before. When someone fades their body becomes lighter and lighter until they disappear. However, your body was getting darker and darker, almost like it was becoming a shadow. I didn't know what to do, until I realized I should probably do the opposite of what I'd do to save someone who's fading. Which, thank the mallowmelt, worked!" Elwin said trying to lighten up the mood.

"So, how old am I?" I whispered.

"It's your last year of Foxfire before we go to the Elite towers," Biana whispered stepping forward.

"Your arm! What happened?" I gushed.

"Oh. That," Biana blushed.

"Well while you were entering the void, I got blasted by a ball of everblaze." She said casually.

I rubbed my temples, this was getting stressful.

I can't believe I lost three years of my childhood. Three years of learning and protecting people. Who knows what the Neverseen could've done in that time?

People could be dead.

Or dying. 

And I wasn't there to save them.

A/N: OKAY I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE IN KEEFE'S POV!!! SO DON'T FREAK OUT TO MUCH! AND ABOVE MIGHT BE FORESHADOWING SOMETHING OR NOT SO LETS TRY NOT TO KILL ME YET, OKAY? WE'RE GOOD? GOOD!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101