Chapter 38

PUT ON YOUR PARTY HATS!!! HERE'S SOME BROWNIE FUDGE AND MALLOWMELT!!!

5

4

3

2

1

WE OFFICIALLY HIT1K COMMENTS ON THIS STORY AND---We're two votes away from 500!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! ;) Also, on my book President of the Sophie Foster Fan Club just hit 901 votes!!! I'm very happy and thankful for all the support from all of you!!! As you can probably tell my most popular book is the sequel to The Mysterious Miss. F! Anyway thanks to each and everyone of you who voted!!!

Now today's SHOUT OUT IS:

NinaL0v3sFood

Thanks for all of the votes!!! She literally voted on every. single. chapter, from the beginning of the series (The Mysterious Miss. F) to the last book, that's till being written (After Effects)!

Anyway, thanks for the votes!!! You are a supper star!!! ;)

Now to the story!!!

SOPHIE:

My importer lit up a green color with Keefe's name. I sighed, not sure if I should answer it. Instead, I typed a message to him.

Meet me by Calla's tree. We can talk there if you really want to.

I waited with an anxious feeling in my stomach, wondering what he'd reply, or what he'd say at the tree.

~~~

I was pacing back and forth when Howie approached me.

"What's wrong?" His sweet voice asked.

"What? Nothing," I mumbled, while continuing to flatten the grass under my feet.

"Um, hmm. This has to do with your fight with Keefe from yesterday, doesn't it?" Howie asked, a determined look in his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Uh--what? How do you--" I trailed off.

He stuck out a hand and spoke," Please, Soph. You two were at each other's throats. The Forbidden Cities could hear you."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. Then their was a blinding flash of light, and I ran over to Howie; knocking him off of his feet.

Several seconds later, I peeled off of him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked him immediately, my heart leaping out of my chest with every beat.

"I'm fine," Howie whispered, suddenly pale. His eyes anxious with fear.

"It'll be okay, go back inside," I ordered, starting to walk away.

He grabbed my hand, "No! You can't, it's not safe!"

"I'll be fine. I have plenty of resources to destroy whoever has trespassed, it'll be fine. But, it won't be unless you go inside," I reassured, rumpling his hair.

He hesitated, causing me to raise my voice, "Now Howie!"

Howie gave me one last worried face before turning and running back to the house. I let out a relieved sigh, as I used a brain push to arrive at where the flash of light came from. In a crumpled ball on the ground was a figure covered in a black cloak. Black marks from something firey and the impact surrounded the cloaked figure.

Cautiously, I picked up the corner of the cloak, and rolled the figure over. I let out a yelp of surprise as the person grabbed my arm roughly, pulling my face towards theirs.

My eyes met Keefe's, causing my heart to skip a beat.

"Keefe? What happened? Are you hurt? What was the bright light?" I bombarded him with question after question.

But his eyes had a far off look to them, and his voice was quiet as he mumbled one strand of words over and over again.

"You can't tell Sophie who her parents are, you can't tell Sophie who her parents are, youcan'ttellSophiewhoherparentsareyoucan'ttellSophiewhoherparentsareyoucan'ttellSophiewhoherparentsareyoucan'ttellSophiewhoherparentsareyoucan'ttellSophiewhoherparentsare," he whispered.

"Keefe? What's gotten into you?" I asked, fear laced in my voice.

He snapped out of the trance, tears pooling into his eyes, "Sophie, I-I can't--"

And then his eyes rolled back into his head, and he blacked out.

A/N: I'm sorry for the short update! But I had a few minutes before I had to go to bed! So tomorrow I'll do another 600 word chapter to make up for the lack of 1,000 words in this one. Sorry for the short one, but hey!

YOU GOT YOUR FIRST SURPRISE UPDATE!!! Yeah me! *Highfives self and misses* (xD MariAlves2005)

THANKS FOR READING!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101