Chapter 39

"Is he okay?" I whispered, my breath caught in my throat. I was peeking into the guest room at Havenfield.

"He'll be alright, just needs some rest. You can go in when you want. Oh! And before I forget, make sure he drinks three of these everyday," Elwin assured, handing me a strange looking bottle.

I nodded and walked into the room where Keefe was sitting up, facing the wall. He was just staring at it, and I stopped walking. Then his piercing blue eyes met mine, and I stopped breathing.

"Sophie," he whispered, visibly relaxing.

I ran over and gave him a hug, "You scared me."

His hands wrapped around my back, "I'm so, so sorry about yesterday's fight. You were right and I just--"

I cupped his face in my hands, "Yesterday doesn't matter. What matters is that you're okay." 

"Sophie I--"

"Oh! Elwin wanted you to have this. You need to take it three times everyday," I said, handing him the bottle.

Keefe crinkled his nose in disgust, "Great. More medicine."

"Don't be a baby," I teased, knocking into his shoulder.

"Please? Me, a baby? I think you got it all wrong Foster," he winked.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

I started tugging on an eyelash nervously. What he said before still bothered me. Did he actually know who my parents are? Are they alive? What happened to him? Why did he crash down like a comet?

"Sophie, are you going to become eyelashless or are you going to actually tell me what's wrong?" Keefe teased.

"Um, do you remember what happened yesterday?" I asked, not meeting his eyes.

"Vaguely, why?" He asked curiously.

"You kept saying you can't tell me who my parents are," I said, looking up to meet his eyes. His eyes widened in realization, and his face paled.

"Oh my god," he breathed out.

"What?" I asked, suddenly standing up; alarmed.

"Oh my god," he said it louder, squinting his eyes closed.

"Keefe? What is it?" I asked frantically.

"Sophie, it's--" and then he passed out.

~~~

DEX:

It was school and both Sophie and Keefe weren't there. Weird, I know. It was our last month of being in the Foxfire building, and I was almost positive neither Sophie or Keefe were ill. It was safe to say I was worried.

However, our last dance at Foxfire was this week. Basically what it's for is to spread 'love' and whatever. I'm planning on not going. No use in going to some dramatic, awkward dance only to get in a big fight with my friend group....again.

Basically how it worked was someone would write someone's name down on a little boat and place it in the water that grew a special flower at the person's locker. So, if Stacy wanted to go with Ryan, she'd write Ryan's name down on a little boat. Then she'd place it in the water and a special flower vine would grow onto Ryan's locker that spelled out Stacy's name. If he wanted to go with her, he'd feed the plant the special water in his locker. If he didn't want to, the flower would die.

Very morbid, I know. Anyway, I find it a pointless thing. Which is why I'm not going to ask anyone or except any proposals.

I feel like I'm in gardenal studies when I walk down a hallway; so much pollen. I heard a collective of gasps, interrupting my chain of thought, as I neared my locker.

"I can't believe he got two. That's crazy. Who will he choose?" I heard the whisper's grow louder, and I snorted. Wow, that's crazy. Someone has to choose between two people? What will they ever do? My god do people not realize their are more important things in life then pathetic school dramas?

I halted in my tracks. It was like I was rooted into the ground, and their was a giant spotlight on my locker. Two flower vines were entangled into each other, fighting for dominance on my locker.

Mavis's name was made out of teacup yellow roses, while Biana's was written out of morning glory's.

My face turned bright red, not out of embarrassment, but out of anger

My face turned bright red, not out of embarrassment, but out of anger. I can't believe these two! Do they not understand the Enlightened Language? I'm done with both of them. I'm done with all of this drama. I'm just done.

I stalked up to my locker, about to rip the vines away when I heard her voice.

"I know you're mad. I know you just wanted to be friends, but I can't do that. And, if it matters, I'm done caring about what everyone thinks about me. And I'm also done acting like I was a victim. I chose to push you away, and I shouldn't have. Which is why I'm doing this. I'm never going to stop grasping for straws Dex, cause I'm in love with you," Biana whispered, sending chills up my spine.

I turned around, forgetting to grab my textbook for technopathy, and stalked away from my locker; and Biana.

A/N: Reason why I didn't update Sunday: I had company at my house and I found out that my Great Pap is dying. SO I went to visit him. Also my brother had a double header baseball game, and homework so I didn't have time to update.

However, I'm going to try and update more stories today!!! Thanks for your patience!!! ;)

I hope you liked it!!!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101