Chapter 8

Fitz:

I met Grady at Havenfield at dawn. Today was the day we were going to rescue Sophie. I could feel it in my bones that it'd work. I knew it had to.

When I saw Grady, he was arguing with Edaline. It reminded me of something Sophie once said, "Sometimes it takes an incident to bring couples together, or to finally bring them apart."

I hoped it wasn't the later.

I knocked on the door and everything was silent. Grady opened it quickly with a strained smile, and Edaline broke out in sobs.

"Hello Fitz," Grady said in a gruff voice.

"Is everything--"

Grady cut me off, "We should probably get going."

I nodded and we light leaped to Sophie's last none location. We already had people creating force fields to keep any stray eyes at bay.

Soon everyone we needed was there.

"Operation rescue the Moonlark attempt two shall commence now. Today we have Grady Ruewen, Fitzroy Vacker," Councilor Bronte listed the other names of the people gathered. He was required to record the information in case it ever happens again with an alicorn, or if Sophie's offspring are lucky and get a lot of powers.

Councilor Bronte had the whole team of 12 telepaths grab hands. Teirgan placed his hands on my shoulders, and I grabbed Grady's hand.

"You see the flicker?" Bronte asked me.

I nodded. In the middle of the sky were rainbow like ripples, except it was very faint.

"That's where the void is," Bronte said.

I nodded again.

"Now we shall begin!" Oralie's voice boomed. 

I closed my eyes and traveled down the icy path to the walls. I whispered the code, and they opened automatically. Hesitantly I walked through.

Where should I go? Where's the place Grady can access and command Sophie to wake up?

Follow the stream of yellow light. It'll lead you to some sort of room or place with memories and thoughts. Teirgan's voice flooded my head.

I followed the freezing light. It ended in a single red door, like the front door of her house in the Forbidden Cities. I opened it and we were in a library. There were more books then I thought possible. I guess the pages contained memories? I wasn't very sure.

I split my mind in half, a trick Sophie taught me, and entered Grady's. 

I'm going to carry you to Sophie's mindscape where you can do your magic.

I lead Grady's conscious to the library and then my mind became whole again.

Grady started mesmerizing Sophie's subconscious mind.

I command you to wake up and come back safely to your home!

Grady's voice boomed off the sides of the library, he said it three times and then everything turned into a blinding white. We saw a figure, it was Sophie. Except she had a frightened look on her face.

The lips mouthed, 'Congratulations, it worked.'

We ended up on the ground just as a ball of fire blasted one of the Telepaths.

FIVE YEARS LATER:

I stood up from Sophie's wanderling, crying. I couldn't believe five years ago we got her to wake up. However, she didn't fully wake up or something like that. She was still trapped in there.

I felt like it was my fault, like I wasn't good enough to completely save her. By now Grady and Edaline haven't been speaking to each other without breaking into tears.

I can't imagine what it's like loosing a child, but two---no Fitz! Sophie's still alive.

But who am I kidding, if she really was, she'd be here by now.

A/N: Tomorrow's chapter, will be GUESS WHO'S POV???

MY GIRL SOPHIE'S!!! SHE'S BACK!!! Now we'll find out what happened to Keefe and our beloved herorin!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~Tapqueen101