Chapter 28

Dex and I light leaped to a forest in the Neutral Territories. He took my hand and lead me through the forest, down one path that merged into a completely new one with new scenery, sprinting the whole way.

"This is it," he panted out of breath.

I nodded and furrowed my eyebrows, concentrating on the purple flowers. Soon they were being uprooted from the ground.

Dex, not as great at the skill as me, managed to open the bags and seal them without touching anything.

"Substance A, flowers," he spoke aloud, and then it was written on the baggie with the flowers.

Soon other mysterious and non mysterious substances were being collected and placed into bags just in case the flowers weren't the thing that caused Bex's illness.

"That's about everything," he whispered, hands on his hips, with a grim expression.

I rested a hand on his arm, "Everything is going to be okay. We have the substances, all we need to do is give it to Elwin and your father."

He nodded, but didn't say anything else.

"We should get going," I said when I realized that the sun was already setting.

He nodded and we light leaped out of the forest to Havenfield. I hailed Elwin, and after a few rings he answered. 

"Sophie? What happened?" He asked quickly.

"Dex and I gathered some samples of the things that may have caused the infection or whatever happened to Bex--"

"You guys shouldn't have done that. You have to be quarantined!" Elwin shouted, frustrated.

"We didn't touch anything," Dex reasoned.

"Doesn't matter, you both have been exposed without proper gear. I'm calling officials. You can't touch or be near anything living, do you understand? This is a serious disease that we know nothing about. It was foolish for you two to think you could collect samples! Don't you think if it was safe enough to do, we would've done it already?" He ranted.

"We didn't know," I whispered.

"It doesn't matter, someone will be there in a few minutes," he sighed before ending the call.

"I didn't realize it was that bad," Dex whispered.

"It's fine, you couldn't have known," I responded quickly.

He nodded, but didn't say anything. Some elves in special gear dragged Dex and I into a pale green light. Soon we were standing in a room, and they told us to walk into these giant crystal cylinders. They had steel doors. Once inside, the steel doors slammed shut and they told us to strip.

Thankfully they had a wall appear so no one could see us. After our clothes came off, they were burned. Then my skin was melted off using the stuff Elwin used to get rid of the arrowmark. New clothes appeared and we'd have to stay in the cylinders for a week, just to make sure we weren't developing anything contagious.

"Dex?" I shouted.

I heard a muffled 'Sophie' and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I can't believe we'll be in here for a week," I complained, I didn't feel like being an optimist. A week inside a vault, with nothing to do.

"It could be worse, we could be dying," he said.

I instantly felt waves of regret.

"I didn't mean it like that," I said immediately.

"It's getting late, we should get some sleep," he stated, ending the conversation.

~~~

It was the second to last day, and I finished eating my dinner. I turned around only to find a particular looking blonde standing across the room. 

"Keefe!?" I whisper hissed. "What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here, I could be infected and--"

He cut me off by kissing me.

"I came here because I missed you, and no one would tell me what was going on. Needless to say, I found my way," he smirked.

"You really shouldn't be here," I whispered trying to say it seriously, but I couldn't help but smile.

He got up and sat right beside me, placing his arm around my shoulders, and pulling me towards his chest.

"They burned you tunic," I whispered into his shirt, my eyes closed, as I breathed in the woodsy smell.

"Really? Well that just gives you an excuse to come over," he winked.

I playfully slapped his arm, but laughed anyway.

"I missed you," I whispered, looking up into your blue eyes. 

He was looking down at me, one arm around my back, the other playing with my hair.

"I missed you too," he whispered kissing the top of my forehead. 

I snuggled into your chest, my eyes closed, finally feeling content. Then you got up and sat down on the other side of the room. 

I looked up at you in shock, "What was that for?"

"You never answered my question," he smirked.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, before it dawned on me.

"Oh, that question. Sure, whatever, just come over here," I said patting the spot next to me. 

He smiled, looking triumphant, and you sat back down. Keefe cupped the side of my face, stroking my cheek gently, and started kissing me. It was slow and gentle, but soon became more intense.

Keefe grabbed my tiny frame, and guided me onto his lap. His hands were by my midsection, and mine were messing with your hair.

Soon we broke away, and you held me in your arms. My head was on your shoulder, and you rubbed my back in a circular motion. 

And my eyes grew heavy, and we fell asleep just like that.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the SoKeefe cuteness.

AND POOR DEX!!! :(

Anyway, thanks for reading!

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!!

~Tapqueen101