96

C H A P T E R  96

Confused.

That's what Samantha was.

She was also annoyed and irritated after what Cedric did. One just can't go around kissing people.

Only a few moments passed before Samantha pulled away, backed away from Cedric slowly with a shocked expression, and then ran away, all the way back to the Common Room. Even the Fat Lady saw the mortification on Samantha's face and opened up without her saying the password.

Needless to say after what happened, Samantha didn't go to sleep.

She stayed up all night either staring at the ceiling in her bed getting lost in her thoughts or taking a trip down to the Common Room to mindlessly tend to the fire.

She didn't know what to do. Samantha felt like her brain was about to explode because of everything that was going on.

Some strange memory was flooding back to her from the dungeons, the clue from the egg, the possibility of a horcrux at Tom Riddle's old house, and now her heart was split into two.

And the two didn't deserve it.

Samantha made it a point to not think about anything else until she made a decision. Both Cedric and Marcus didn't deserve her confliction.

There was Cedric who was her first love. He was there for her when she got petrified and treated her very well. But then Sirius came into the picture and Samantha had to choose him over Cedric when Cedric came with a prying eye. The question of should she should have told him came up and that brought a sickening feeling to her stomach. Her and Cedric went well together and had a great relationship but it did serve its course.

Then there was Marcus where even at the mention of his name brought a giddy feeling to Samantha's stomach. This was the strongest she's ever felt for him in the past few days and now she wonders if that's a sign. Her and Marcus have so much history where they went from frenemies to him leaving and when he came back, Samantha realized what she was missing. She was seeing this depth to a person she only thought was surface level.

As she saw the sun rising, the feeling of exhaustion was starting to hit her. And Samantha didn't need this the morning of her Charms test.

Her eyes focused on the beauty of the sunrise for a few moments and clarity was coming to her. She knew what she had to do.

Samantha then went into the bathroom to take a quick shower and wash up before breakfast was to start in the next hour or so. She had to catch him before he went into the Great Hall.

She crept out of the Common Room with her stuff and headed down to the kitchen level where the Hufflepuff Common Room was. As Samantha went to spot a place where she could hang for a bit to wait for Cedric, Samantha heard a voice.

"Why hello Samantha Potter!" the squeaky said.

She turned and smiled when Dobby came into view.

"Hi Dobby!"

"What is Miss Potter doing here this early, Dobby wonders."

"Oh I'm waiting for Cedric. I need to speak to him as soon as possible."

Dobby nodded vigorously. "Dobby would love to help. Dobby will go get Mr. Diggory at once." And with that, Dobby snapped his finger and disappeared.

Samantha opened her mouth but then closed it, shaking her head with a smile. She took a breath and then waited for Cedric. Five minutes passed and then the barrels started to move. Out came an excited Dobby and a very exhausted looking Cedric. His eyes were droopy and hair was all over.