68

C H A P T E R 68

Peter then fell to Remus' feet and seized the hem of his robes. "You believe this mad man? Believe me, old friend!"

Remus snatched his robes out of his grasp and glared down at Peter. "Yes. I do believe Sirius," he stated calmly and turned towards Sirius. "Shall we end this once in for all?"

Sirius grinned threateningly and raised his wand.

"NO!" both Harry and Samantha cried out.

"You can't kill him," Samantha said in a soft tone.

"I don't think our father would want his friends to become killers, no matter what happened," Harry continued.

"Yeah, he can go to Azkaban. I think the Dementors would like his company," Samantha added and gave Peter a frosty glare to show that she had no ounce of sympathy.

Peter shrank down to the floor and whimpered.

Remus and Sirius looked at each other and silently agreed. James wouldn't want that, no matter what Peter did. They nodded in unison and lowered their wands, staring blankly at Peter who was looking up at Samantha and Harry gratefully.

Samantha looked down at him with a glare. "This isn't about you, Peter. This is about my father and my mother. Just because you're going to live doesn't mean you won't rot in your cell in Azkaban and continue to live in the dark while thinking about what you did," she spoke in a deadly voice. Even though she did see his side.....this was still her parents. Sirius, who was next to her, placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. She looked at him and gave him a thankful smile.

Peter whimpered again and his eyes darted around the room in fear. Remus raised his wand and invisible ropes tied around his arms and legs. Peter wriggled on the floor and continued to twitch.

Remus then casted bandages around Ron's leg while Sirius neared him and helped him up. Harry and Hermione got a hold of his arms and steered him upright. Sirius then kept watch on Peter while Remus walked over to Snape and magically guided him upright as well. Snape, who was still unconscious, floated to the door and Remus turned towards everyone.

"We can leave in a line, is everyone ready?" he spoke.

Samantha grabbed the Invisibility cloak and stuffed it in her jeans pocket. She stood by Sirius who was looking awkwardly at Harry. Noticing this, she went over to him and silently jerked her head towards Harry.

"Go talk to him," she whispered and then took hold of Ron's other arm. Her and Hermione started to follow Remus out of the door while Sirius aimed his wand at Peter and him and Harry took up the rear.

"Want them to have some time to chat," Samantha explained when Hermione and Ron gave her an odd look. They nodded in understanding and slowly made their way down the wooden stairs.

The boards creaked with every step as little specks of dust flew in front of them. As they reached the living room, Samantha fully saw out the window and how the sun was just about ready to set. The sky was a deep blue and was threatening to darken any second. There were clouds covering the sky and creating a very misty atmosphere.

One thing, however, that slipped everyone's minds was that tonight was also the Full Moon....and Remus did not take his Wolfsbane Potion.

They reached the tunnel and staarted to pile in carefully. Sirius, who was talking to Harry, didn't seem to mind that Peter was travelling rather uncomfortably though the trapdoor.

The trail of them walked through the dark tunnel and Ron was definitely feeling the pain of his leg. "Just a little bit further, Ron," Samantha spoke as she saw a small ball of light at the end.