23

C H A P T E R  23

Hearts were pumping and minds were racing as they swiftly walked down the aisle of the tracks to the middle of platforms nine and ten with only fine minutes left until eleven.

"You first, Percy," Mrs. Weasley ushered and sent her son through the barrier.

Mr. Weasley went next followed by Samantha and then the twins.

She passed through the barrier and was met with families rushing to say goodbye to their children and helping them put their trunks on the train. Spotting Mr. Weasley hugging Percy goodbye, she quickly handed her trunk and owl cage to a nearby conductor and jogged over to him.

"There isn't much time so hope to see you for Christmas?" Mr. Weasley rushed, his eyes flickering between her and the brick wall barrier. "We might possibly be able to return to Romania to visit Charlie or Bill in Egypt
and we'd hope you'd join us,"

"I'd love too, Mr. Weasley," she said and hugged him goodbye and then turned to see Mrs. Weasley bustling through the crowd with Ginny by her side.

The caring mother gave them a quick hug goodbye and Samantha and the twins followed Percy on the train. He instantly set off down the aisle and disappeared to another compartment.

"Do you want to sit with us Ginny?" she asked the youngest Weasley as the train blew its final whistle and jolted forward, leaving behind Kings Cross station.

"That's ok, I'll find a compartment," she answered simply, bringing her diary closer to her chest.

Samantha frowned and asked her if she was sure. Ginny replied the same and walked down the aisle like Percy and disappeared into a compartment.

"Don't worry too much. I'm sure she just wants to find her own way," George said as they headed down the other way, trying to find Lee and the girls. They also looked for Oliver but knew he might be with his sixth year friends.

After reaching the end of the train, they had no luck finding their group. The three entered the last room and settled down on the seats, Samantha and Fred on one side, George on the other.

"They must be at the front of the train," Fred commented but was too exhausted from basically running all the way here and then trying to find them.

Samantha frowned again and agreed with Fred. She leaned against the window and took a sip of her Pumpkin juice that she made sure to take from the Burrow. The cold drink soothed her scratchy throat and settled nicely in her stomach. Her exhaustion started to disappear and she faced the twins who were already discussing more Weasley Wizard Wheezes ideas.

They talked for about twenty minutes before diving into a game plan about their upcoming school pranks.

"We'll definitely need Peeves to help us when Filch or Mrs. Norris patrol the halls. I know we have the Map but we can't keep checking it every second,"

The two nodded and started writing down which ones they wanted to do first. The list consisted of the classic Dungbombs in Filch's office, trying out their new candy products on Flint and his crew, and plans for firework displays.

Samantha grinned happily at the list and started to stare out the window once the train made its way into the vast green land of Scotland. The landscape was every vivid colour, every one of them as fresh as a new painting straight from Rome.