84

C H A P T E R 84

Dumbledore stood over his Pensieve, rewatching what Kreacher told him about the locket, what they discussed about Horcruxes, and Harry and Samantha's names coming out of the Goblet unknowingly. His mind was reeling.

What happened at the Quidditch World Cup was only a confirmation to the mystery behind who put their names in. And with the new discovery of Horcruxes, things were only getting worse.

He had the Tournament to worry about but his mind always went back to the idea of another Horcrux and where one might be. Dumbledore contacted Remus and asked him to help him with research for another Horcrux. It's been a month and change and they were coming up short.

The thought of trying to find a tiny object was mad in itself so there Dumbledore stood, thinking about where one might be. He mentally searched through Riddle's old spots. He thought of Hogwarts and the Orphanage. He didn't rule them out but he didn't think for sure that one would be there.

As he stood there, his fireplace burst into green flames and Remus' head was in its place.

"Albus."

Dumbledore turned and nodded at Remus in greeting. "Good evening, Remus."

It was just after eleven at night so he knew this must be important. "Albus, I think I might know where another Horcrux might be."

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow and gestured Remus to continue, taking a seat by the fire.

"I was thinking about Voldemort's old spots and thought about his parents. Did his parents have a house?" Remus asked. He couldn't come right out and tell Dumbledore about Harry's dream in the Riddle House. It was for Harry to tell but Remus had a feeling that something was wrong with that house. It could be a lead and they needed anything they could get that could give them a start. It just struck him that the house was the key.

Dumbledore thought for a moment and remembered something he read. It was about the Riddle family being killed in their own house and the Muggle police being very confused as to how they died without any trace. "Interesting," he muttered and then looked up at Remus. "I think you're on to something."

"We should go to the house and see."

Dumbledore nodded. "Maybe towards Christmas break. It's too busy now with the tournament."

"Oh, yeah. How's that going?"

"Well it just got more intriguing," he spoke and then paused. Dumbledore would have to tell Remus that Harry and Samantha were Champions and didn't put their names in.

"How so?"

"Remus, is Sirius awake?"

Remus raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure but I can see. Why?"

"Well I think you both should hear what I'm about to tell you."

"I see," Remus spoke in a wary tone. "I'll go get him."

Dumbledore sighed. He really didn't want to be the one to tell them about this but Remus asked and this would confirm the strange things that have been surfacing. Minutes later, Remus returned with Sirius who was yawning and scratching his messy hair.

"Evening, Al...Albus," Sirius said in between yawns.

"Sorry to wake you, Sirius, but this important."

"No matter."

"As you know the Champions were chosen earlier in the evening," Dumbledore started.

"Who is the Hogwarts Champion?" Sirius asked eagerly.

Dumbledore smiled. "I was getting to that. The question should be who are the Hogwarts Champions?"