66

C H A P T E R 66

The Gryffindors had a spring in their step during the next few days and Samantha felt herself actually not completely dreading her OWLs. She knew they were coming whether she was prepared or not she felt it was either face them head on or not at all.

As May was starting to fade away and be replaced by June, McGonagall distributed the Fifth years meeting times for their mandatory meeting with their Head of House. Samantha saw that her name was next to the time of nine in the morning on Monday A smile went to her face because that meant she would miss Potions. She wouldn't have to spend any time with Snape that day and that was always a plus.

The weekend seemed to fly by with them continuing to spend every waking hour in the library and plow through the endless review packets they were given. Every teacher had given them over a hundred questions on what they learned over the past few terms.

Madam Pince herself had to tell Samantha to go to bed when she found her still at a table as it was nearing eleven at night. When exam season came, the library had extended hours but that still didn't seem enough for the fifteen and seventeen year olds.

Samantha then tiredly walked back to the Common Room and sat down by the fire instead of going to bed. She had to finish this Ancient Runes worksheet since it was due tomorrow in class. She had been too busy during the weekend answering hundreds of review questions and filling out an elongated constellation chart for Astronomy. Professor Sinistra mentioned that every one of them would be on their OWL so they would have to memorize what each one looked like.

Having their practical Astronomy OWL in the dead of night brought a sickening feeling to her stomach. Who wanted to stay up late for an OWL? They would be so exhausted. Samantha sighed and shook this thought. She glanced at the grandfather clock and saw that it was already after one in the morning.

A groan escaped her lips but she had to finish. She knew she needed top marks. A laugh escaped her lips and realized that she was sounding like Hermione. She couldn't imagine how Hermione would act during OWL season. But Hermione had top marks  and it was all because of hard work. If Samantha wanted to have as many options as she had on her list, she had to get those top marks....however, she just hoped she didn't need History of Magic or Arithmancy because she knew she wasn't going to do well on those two.

Samantha didn't know what time she stayed in the Common Room. All she remembered was finally finishing her worksheet and a few review packets and drowsily walking up the stairs. It all seemed like a blur when she changed and fell into bed.

She was having a funny dream about walking around Honeydukes and grabbing every kind of candy until it all faded away and felt herself being shook awake. Her eyes fluttered open and saw a hazy image of Angelina. She was already dressed for Potions and stated that she just came back from breakfast.

"Blimey, it took me five minutes to wake you up. you kept shoving me away, groaning, and shoving your face back in your pillow," Angelina said while shaking her head in annoyance.

"Wha--" Samantha paused for a yawn. "Sorry--what time is--is it?"

"A quarter to nine."

That woke Samantha up. She at once sat upright and looked around. Her eyes settled on the clock and it was now 8:46. "Oh bloody hell!" she yelped and scrambled out of bed and to the bathroom albeit almost falling multiple times.