22

C H A P T E R 22

"Everything packed?" Samantha questioned when she peeked into Ron's room, which was where Harry was staying.

It was the last day of holiday and Mrs. Weasley asked her to check to see if everyone was ready for tomorrow.

Harry was putting the last of his schoolbooks into his trunk as Ron was cleaning Scabbers' cage. He had Scabbers sleeping on his bed as he changed the water supply and the bedding.

"Just about," Harry commented as he closed his trunk.

"I've been packed for ages," Ron added as he finished his cleaning.

Samantha raised an eyebrow as she noticed a pile of spell books on Ron's desk, along with scatters of rolls of parchment and bent quills.

"Right," she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"So have you thought more about Dobby?" she asked referring back to their conversation on the night of their rescue.

Harry shrugged. "Alittle. I guess I just keep thinking about why he doesn't want me to return to Hogwarts,"

"And to think I wanted a quiet year," Ron grumbled.

Samantha chuckled alittle and turned back to Harry who was now sitting on his conjured bed. "I wonder if finding out who is master is would lead to figuring out why he thinks Hogwarts isn't safe anymore,"

"All he said was that his master would not like if he knew that he was there warning me,"

Samantha nodded, thinking about his answer. She bid the two goodbye and decided to go pay Percy a visit.

She hasn't seen much of him this break and wondered why he stayed shut inside his room most of the time. Where they really that bad to hangout with?

Knocking on his door a few times, Samantha waited outside, hoping he would answer.

The door creaked open ajar and his freckled face appeared in the crack.

"Yes?" he wondered in a sort of impatient tone.

Samantha frowned for a second but curved her mouth up into a nice smile. "Hey Perce, how's it going?"

Percy furrowed his eyebrows and stared at her with a wary expression. "Fine thanks,"

"What have you been working on? Since you've been spending quite some time in your room," she conversed hoping Percy would lighten up a bit.

Percy's ears started to flare up but he regained his composure by straightening up a bit. "Oh nothing just school stuff," he replied hoping it came off as casual.

"Yeah I hear sixth year comes with quite a load due to NEWTs coming,"

Percy nodded. "Oh yes I've been given a lot of homework this holiday which is why I have wished not to be disturbed,"

Samantha frowned again. "Not even for a last day of holiday Quidditch match?" she suggested, wanting him to stop his busy 'schoolwork.'

"I'm not into playing Quidditch that much,"

"Do you want to do anything else besides homework and writing those letters that come and go almost everyday?" Samantha pressed with an encouraging smile.