[1] You Don't Deserve To Be Here

Than POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Volleyball is everything for me and become a professional volleyball athlete is my dream. The dream that I have been had since I knew about this kind of sport. And I am willing to do anything to achieve this dream of mine.

But sometime, you have to through hard way before you can achieve your dream and that happened to me. My father is the most person who disallowed me to be an athlete. He wants me to study and be someone like my big brother, P'Top.

P'Top is the only brother I have. As his name, he is the top in everything especially in my father's eyes. He is smart, kind and now he is medical student. The top one. And it makes my father always compares me with him. I am getting annoyed because of that. But I never hate P'Top. He underdtands me so well and respects about my dream. He always supports me in whatever I do. Not only my father prohibits me, but maybe universe too.

As I come back home, I pass my father who is working with photocopy machine and I greet him, P'Top and Tharm then sat with P'Top who teaches Tharm about her homework.

P'Top asks me about the result of the application for Volleyball athletes to St. Sebastian School that I did. I tell him that I failed then throw my application to the garbage.

Well, an argue started when my father see that application. He is glad I didn't make it and told me to study like normal students do.

"I guess you don't need to tell me about what you have been up for these days"

"If I told you, would you let me? I guess not!"

"It is good you not accepted, so you can study like normal student"

I ignore him. It is wasting my energy to argue with him and I am tired.

I tell my brother, P'Top, if I send another application to Teppunya and tell him no to worry because I am positive if I will be accepted this time.

"Why you keep this shit up? You are old enough. Think about your future. Can you?"

"This" I grab the ball anf show it to his face, "This is my future!"

*****

Do you remember when I told you the universe against me? Yes, it is true. Now, the first attendace of volley club I am late. Not my fault, to be honest. But it is useless to defence myself. First impression is the important thing and I ruin it. Not me actualy, it is because of my teacher. She makes our class dismiss very late than schedule.

I run as fast I can. I don't want to be late but again, universe against me. I am late. There is my friends and seniors sit, gather around in front of a man and woman. I think they are my coach and manager.

I run and find empty spot to sit. I feel relief but not for long. The man tells me to get up.

"Who tell you to sit?" I get up, "Why are you late?"

"I couldn't find the gym"

Yes, I need an excuse. Well, it is not an excuse. It is true I can't find the gym. I am new here, so this school and every place in here is not familiar to me.

"But your friend can find it. Do 20 squat jumps!"

Shit. I hate this coach. He look like gangster, not coach. And what is it in his head? A band aid? Was he fought and hit people?

"What are you waiting for? Are you deaf? Squat jumps, 20 times. Now!"

I do it even though I am angry. He is still my coach, so I have to do what he says.