[11] Was or Still Best Friend

Than POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"If P'Nao is looking for me, tell him I am dead!"

I saw Pete is packing his snacks in his back. He is going to somewhere, I think.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere that you shouldn't know" he says, "I will meet you in the evening. I won't be late for practice"

"Actually, we don't have schedule to practice this evening"

"That is even better. See you tomorrow then"

"You are not coming back tonight?"

"Perhaps, nope. I need to hide before someone kidnaps me!"

"P'Nao!"

Pete is look pale then he turns to look at the direction I look at. There is no one. I was making a joke to him.

"Fuck you, Than!" He is angry, "I will make sure to make P'Puen kills you later!"

And he leaves after threated me. I don't know what happen with him and P'Nao but I think it is not something bad. Maybe Pete just overacts about it. Yes, sometime he is so overacting.

Ten minutes after he left, P'Nao comes and ask me if I see Pete or not. What are they? Playing hide and seek?

"He told me to tell you if you ask me about him I should tell you if he is dead"

"And I have to tell you if Puen will kill you if you not meet him in...." He looks his watch "one minute" and he gives me a smirk.

Shit. Pete, I am gonna kill you tomorrow because I have to deal with your stalker. He is insane. I mean P'Nao is insane.

I run for my life. When I arrive at the gym hall, I see the flare is coming from his eyes. It feels like it can burn me alive.

"P, I am sorry. It was P'Nao..."

He passes the ball to me, reflex I set a ball to him. He doesn't spike it but catch it. It makes me confuse. Am I doing wrong set right now?

"Who tell you to do set?" he tells me, "Squats jump 20 times!"

Why he is so strict? I wonder who will like him if he keep acts like a hitler? Maybe she is unlucky girl. I hope a girl who will be his girlfriend can survive.

*****

My evening, without training should be my me time but it is only a daydream for me. And here I am, pushing shopping cart. I feel like a servant right now.

Pushing there, pushing there and pushing around. Feel so tired and he is still not finishing about buy all things on the list.

"What is the different of coriander and pepper?" sometime he asks.

"Is it tumeric?" another time he ask when he hold ginger.

That is. I am done with him. Why he is doing this to me? Does he want to tortue me with his stupidness?

"P, if you don't know anything about cooking stuff, why you volunteered yourself to do it?" He stares at me then give me the list.

"You do it!"

"Huh? It is your job, P not me. You are the one who said you can do it!"

"....." He just stares at me.

"Fine!" I take the list then buy everything on the list. No more than 20 minutes we finish buy everything on the list.

"Finally, we are done. Let's pay it!" He doesn't move, "What again, P?" He looks at me then to the shopping cart. Look at me again the to the shopping cart again. Okay, I get it. He wants me be the one who push the shopping cart to the cashier.

"You can just ask me, P" I sigh then push the shopping cart to the cashier. We pay it and he tells me to hold the shopping bag. Yes, I am his servant.

He goes to parking lot to take his motor bike. While I am waiting him, someone taps my shoulder. I look at that person.

"Someone wants to party tonight?"

"P'Sing? No P, it is for our daily meal. For my team"

"Want me to drive you home?"

"It is ok, P. I am with my senior. He is taking his motor bike right now"

We are keep talking about random things until P'Puen comes. He stop his bike in front of us.

"I gotta go, P'Sing"

"Puen?"

P'Puen looks at him. They look each other. Shock. No one dares to open their mouth. I feel so awkward.

"P'Puen, do you know P'Sing?"

"Puen is my friend, Than"

"Was"

The way P'Puen say that makes P'Sing hurt. I can feel the harted from his tone. I don't know what happen with them but I can see P'Puen hates him.

"Puen...."

"Than, bring that bag with you. We are leaving now!"

No needs to say but or refusing him now. I just do what he says. I take the bag and come to his motor bike. He starts the engine then drive away. I still have chance to look back to P'Sing. He look so sad. He is hurted.

On our way to the dorm, we are not talking. Well, I am the one who is afraid to open my mouth. P'Puen always quiet as always.

He stop the motor bike when I am daydreaming. It makes me startled and reflex, I hug him from behind. Hug his waist.

"How long you gonna hug me?"

"Sorry, P. I don't mean!"

He is getting down from his bike and take the shopping bag from my hands. I follow him.

"P, let me help you" I run to him. He stops. I bump him then step back three steps, ready to have a punishment from him. He looks at me.

"About we met Singha today, don't tell Leng and Nao" I nod, then he gives me the shopping bag. Really?

I take it and bring it to the dorm kitchen. He helps me arrange the ingredient that we bought.

"How do you know Singha?"

"It was coincident. He encouraged me when I have hard times in here"

"So you talk about me to him?"

"Not really. I never mention your name to him"

"....."

"....."

We stay quiet again until we finish arrange everything. We back to our dorm but before that I go to bathroom to wash my face, feet and brush my teeth. He does the same thing.

He finish it first and ready to leave.

"P'Puen" I call his name, "Why you hate him?" He is being silent for while.

"Finish what you are doing now. We need some rest for training tomorrow"

"P...."

"Goodnight, Than!"

"Goodnight.....P"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know what to say

See you in next chapter
Xoxo