💋 Chapter Thirty Seven

Unlocking the door to our home, I checked the time and saw it was already quarter to two. At this hour, she's probably asleep. I opened the door and the insides are pure black, I couldn't see anything. I opened the lights and there she was.

"Bey?" I mumbled. She was sitting on one of the dining chairs while her head was resting on the table, facing the other side. Her hair was on a messy bun but it still looks so healthy and curly. There was a glass of wine and a wine bottle near her. She must be probably drinking all night waiting for me.

I shook my head and sighed at the sight. I walked closer to her and as I approach her, her beauty approaches me. I stopped in my tracks to admire the beauty before me. She sleeps like an angel. I kneeled down to look at her, then shook her a little to wake her up.

"Bey? Wake up." Her eyes opened slowly as it glistened. I saw the smile that came upon her face when she saw me. "Why are you still up this late? And why you've been drinking?"

"You've been doing you..." She started, not moving from her position. "I'm gon do me." She finished then flashed him a smile.

"I hate to see you like this." I honestly told her. I hate to see her acting up like this that's one of the reasons. I carried her in a bridal style and she just smiled.

"Then come home." She replied, caressing my cheeks. Now, I felt bad for leaving.

"I am home."

She shook her head. "No, you're not."

I sighed and carried her upstairs to our bedroom then placed her gently on the bed. She went to sleep that fast. I took off my shoes then my clothes, only leaving my boxers then I hopped on the bed with her. I was about to hug her when she turn her back from me, I sighed deeply and just let the sleep take it all away.

* * *

"You know he's probably cheating right?" Kelly said and I just looked at her.

"I don't want to think that." I said. "I'm tired of this shit." I exclaimed while rubbing my temple.

"Why don't you guys separate?" I heard Michelle. It was a bit surprising for her to say that since she believe in marriage and shit like that.

I sighed. "I love him too much. He's my first and everything. I can't just let that go away."

"But he's hurting you, emotionally." Kelly said and I just kept my mouth shut. "Wait... is he hurting you physically?"

My eyes widened. "What?! No! We nay argue but he never lay a finger on me." I explained. They just nodded. "I really don't know what to do. I've been calling him but he never answers it."

"Well then, confront him."

"Or scare him a little." Kelly said.

I was caught by Kelly's suggestion. "Scare? How?"

She smirked. "Show him what he's missing out on. Show him the divorce papers just to scare him. Say that you're leaving him."

* * *

"I've been calling you." She said..

"And I answered one of your calls, right?" I replied and she sighed.

"Yes and told me you were busy so you have to go."

"There's your answer." I shrugged.

She lost it. "There's my answer? What the fuck Jay? What's wrong with you? What if I'm at the hospital? What if something happened to me? What if I'm already dead before you even answer one of my calls?!"

I was taken aback by her sudden burst but I can't blame her. I don't have all the answers to her questions because she's right. What if something did happen to her?

"Look, I'm sorry aight? I was just bu--"

"You say that all the time. I'm tired of this shit, Jay." She said and I was confused.

"You don't think I'm getting tired of this shit, too?" She crossed her arms looking at elsewhere. "I'm tired of you acting up all the time and whenever I come to you, you always shut me out."

"Now don't pin this on me Jay!" She exclaimed. "You were there when I was at my lowest but what did you do? You just left me there! So did I shut you out?"

My jaws clenched and my hands turned into a fist. "What? You're gonna hit me? Why don't you just hit me already?" I heard her say and hitting her was the last thing I wanted to do. I swore to never hit a woman and I'm going to stick to that.

"No." I told her and she kept her mouth shut. We stayed there standing face to face, in silence without saying anything.

"Is she better than me huh?" Bey asked and I just shook my head. "How long have you been doing me like this? I never asked for anything but your honesty and commitment!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know what happened to us." She said, a bit calm. "We were so in love and I don't if we are still. I guess only one of us is, at least."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I guess there's no point if we still continue this. We ain't getting anywhere."

"Wait.. what are you saying?"

She looked at me for the first time, her eyes were red and puffy, and tears still flows down her cheeks. "I.. I think we need to d-divorce..." Her voice cracked as she say those words.

My heart dropped when she said those words. I never thought of her asking for divorce. "You don't mean that."

"I hope I don't." She straightly told me. "I'm tired of this.... this?" She pointed at me then to her. "This ain't going to work. I'll send you the divorce papers and I'll leave by tomorrow." She said then was about to walk out when I held her hand.

"No you don't mean that. We ain't getting any divorce papers. I ain't signing that shit." I told her and she looked at me emotionless.

She yanked her hands away. "You can go back to being single and fuck other bitches like what you've been doing." Then walked away.

* * *

"Are you serious about it Bey?" My mother asked me.

"I'm serious about leaving him."

• • •

A short chapter......

How was it?