💋 Chapter Twenty Eight

"Shit shit shit." I exclaimed as I looked at my watch. "I'm fucking late." I ran towards the entrance of the building and towards the elevator. Once I got to my office floor, I ran towards the meeting room and I saw nobody but myself.

"Mhm. Ms. Knowles...." I heard Kate so I turned around and looked at her.

I sighed. "Let me guess, I'm ten minutes early." She chuckled and nodded. "Well then I'll just wait here."

Kate nodded. "Would you like some coffee? Or just water with sliced cucumber and lemon?" She winked at the last part.

"You know me so well." I chuckled. "You know what to get for me. Thank you so much Kate."

"Just doing my job." She smiled and left the meeting room.

After ten minutes, the staff started to get inside the meeting room and they weren't as shock as before seeing me the first one in the room. I was just reading one of my favorite books when they entered and greeting me. I closed the book once they were all set and put it on the desk.

"Okay so uhm, good morning everyone." I smiled at them.

"Good morning." They all said in unison.

"So I called y'all for a meeting to tell y'all B'day was a very successful album!" I told them with so much excitement. They cheered and clapped then praised me. "Y'all know damn well  we wouldn't get this successful without y'all so y'all did a great great job!"

They all cheered again. "You know we should celebrate for the album and  for the tour of the Beyoncé Experience." One said and I nodded.

"Alright then. Party's on me." I announced and they all cheered again. "Kate, schedule a venue for me and you know what to do with the rest okay?"

"Sure Bey." She said and I just looked at how happy they are. It warms my heart so much. I think it's time for them to know.

I cleared my throat. "Uhm, guys?" I called their attention.

"You're not retiring aren't you?" One of them said and I laughed.

"As much as I hate being tired and having blisters and being stress, I love my job and making art through music is my life saver so no, I'm not retiring." I laughed and they all did too.

"Oh God, I thought... The music industry will die if ever you will retire." He said and I just smiled.

"So going back, I decided to have a year off. Maybe two to three years, you know, vacation. Don't worry we will still have some works to do for our future projects and I already had one in mind. I'll just keep in touch with y'all." I said with a smile and they all nodded. "Okay then, I guess that's all."

The meeting ended and all of them left the room, leaving me inside. I tried to remember my schedule if I have something else to do regarding work or something, but I guess I don't have much of a work right now. I should call the girls and hang out. I stood and grabbed my things ready to leave the room... when the door opened.

I looked up and looked at him like I saw a fucking demogorgon. "Shit, you fucking scared me!"

"I'm sorry." He chuckled. He stepped closer to me and I noticed the flowers he has in his hands.

"I'm assuming those are for me." I smiled, looking at the roses, even though they aren't my favorite flower.

He looked at it and he shrugged. "This? Nah, it ain't for you. I bought this for my ma." He said and I frowned, slightly embarrassed. He chuckled. "I'm kidding. This is for you." He said and handed it over to me.