💋 Chapter Twenty Nine

Christmas had past and New Years is fast approaching. Last Christmas, I brought someone and that was Jay, now, I brought no one. We're still not together because like what I told him, I'm focusing on myself again but he told me he would never give up. I still invited Mama Gloria though, she's like a mother to me, too. I've been talking to her since, and telling her some things that I can't tell to my mama.
Mama prepared the dinner for New Years Eve while Solange, Julez, Allan, Kelly and Titan, Michelle and I watched the fireworks in the sky just outside the house.

"Look baby..." I heard Kelly as she pointed up to the sky while Titan gets scared because of the loud noises it makes.

"Y'all get inside! Time for dinner!" My mama yelled and we all went inside and took our seats. We said our grace and wasted no time digging in.

"Hmmm it's so gooood!" I moaned and they did the same. "Mama you're the best cook!"

"She right! It's so delicious ma!" Kelly exclaimed. "Sometimes I wonder if Bey really is your daughter. She can't cook for sh-- cheese."

I looked at her and hit her leg under the table and she stuck her tongue out. My mama just laughed. "That's enough girls. So who did y'all brought today?"

Kelly brought her husband and son and they planned to stay down here for awhile. Michelle brought her mother. Solange brought her son and husband and I brought no one. My mama invited my sperm donor but thankfully he didn't came. I'm already in a bad mood for Jay not being here, I wouldn't want to be more disappointed if ever that sperm donor came.

In the middle of watching television, watching the fireworks, I felt my phone vibrated so I grabbed it and took a look who texted me. I was surprised when the name came up, it has been months since we had our last talk.

Jay 🙃: Happy New Year, Bey.

My heart started beating so fast and I didn't know why. It's been months and he still got me like this.

Bey 🐝: Happy New Year, Jay.

I was so nervous to hit the send button, but I eventually sent it to him. Our last talk was back from the restaurant, I know he told me that he'll do anything to get me back and he did, but Iw as the one who was being stubborn. Jay stopped and that was the time I realized how much I rejected him. Despite that, we still see each other in some parties and award shows but never talked. We did, but small talks. He's still the same funny guy I know and we're cordial to each other.

Jay 🙃: Regards to your ma. Tell her I miss her cooking.

I laughed at his reply.

Bey 🐝: Will do, Jay. Same to your mother. Tell her I miss her so much.

Us, texting like this, reminds me of us back when we were still trying to check each other out. All the memories came back but my feelings are still in here, never left, never did. I bit my lip as I typed my next reply.

Bey 🐝: Would you and your mama like to come over? It'd be fun, I guess.

I know I should've thought about it firt but I already hit send so there's no turning back.

Jay 🙃: I'd love to.

I smiled.

Jay 🙃: But I don't want to ruin your family time. Your sister would probably kill me before I even step my foot there.

I chuckled.

Bey 🐝: It's fine though. I'm so sorry about her, you know, that day.