Chapter Twelve~

-Chapter Twelve-

I woke up with a start, it was already afternoon. I had stayed in bed, I knew that Cam was downstairs, he’d been coming over everyday. Ever since I committed the error of kissing him back that night.

When I felt his lips crush onto mine I melted against him letting my lips add pressure back almost immediately. But to my disappointment he wasn’t kissing me like he should. It felt different somehow, so I grasped his collar pulling him closer trying to get the same reaction I had gotten before. Desperate for that reaction he had given me before when he’d make me shiver in pleasure against him much stronger figure. To my dismay he just moaned into my mouth kissing me back softly and shivered. I wanted Firo to react like he had before.

That’s when I realized I wasn’t kissing Firo because Firo would have me crushed against this counter between his mouth and the marble his whole body pushing against mine demanding I react to him. I pulled back gently afraid to see who it was. I knew who it was, but I was hoping it was my imagination and that I had not just made out with Cam. It wasn’t a surprise when I saw Cam’s blushing face as he was struggling to breathe as much as I was.

“I really like you,” he mumbled before cracking a smile. I sat there too stunned to say anything. I had seen it was him before he had kissed me. I didn’t know why I had ever thought maybe it was Firo who had appeared out of nowhere and kissed me. It was wishful thinking and it had gone to my head.

“I like you too,” I answered, it wasn’t a lie. I liked Cam, I really did. I wasn’t sure how much though. I couldn’t bring myself to question what I had said when I saw his broad grin.

I sighed thinking back to what I had done. I shouldn’t have said those words to him, I knew I liked him, but I also really liked Firo. More than just your usual like.

“Ciel, are you okay?” Zack asked as he entered the room. I shook my head burying my face further into the covers hoping they’d swallow me soon, where was that wormhole when you needed it?

“I’m sorry,” he comforted me. “You weren’t supposed to find out this way.”

“Then how was I supposed to find out!?” I demanded angrily. “Was I supposed to come to age or something?! Because that doesn’t seem much better!”

“You were meant to know since birth,” he explained with sigh. “But your birth was not an easy one, you were small and feeble. You weren’t like any other demon, hell you were weaker than most humans. You have to understand you are from an ancient bloodline, more sacred than blue bloods. Because of your...unusual health you were made an easy target to anyone who wanted to harm our bloodline.”

“You do know I have no freaking idea what you’re referring to, right?” I grumbled into the pillow only burying my face deeper.

“Please, Ciel, I was your teacher for god’s sake,” he muttered playfully. “I know when you happen to be playing dumb. You know very well what I’m talking about.”

“Says you,” I countered.

“Your parents did this thinking they were doing what was right for you,” he continued. “Thankfully your health has gotten better, but you’re still not even close to being strong enough to face one of our enemies.”

“And why would someone want to hurt me?” I demanded with a glare.

“They wouldn’t hurt you,” he said. “Well in a matter of speaking they wouldn't beat you or anything to that extent, they want your bloodline. In order to get it you must drain a demon of their essence which is not an easy thing to do. You must do it while they’re living, many have killed themselves to keep their bloodline away from an enemy’s hands.”