Chapter Eight~

-Chapter Eight-

“Ciel?” He blinked and his eyes turned back to their usual jade color, I was trembling as he took a step towards me I took a step back. “It’s not what you think!”

He instantly rushed to say as he was suddenly by my side and there was glaring Chris in the background causing me to feel very insecure in this situation.

“I was only-“ He stopped himself before continuing and this pissed me off.

“What?! You’re not going to tell me?” I pushed his away and started to walk the other way, but he followed me easily enough. “Fuck off, Firo.”

“No,” he said firmly taking my hand in his and pulling me back. “I’m sorry I haven’t been honest with you and I’m sorry for the way I treated you in the past, but there is a good reason for all that.”

“So there’s a reason for everything?” I demanded and he nodded. “Even for how you treated me in the past?”

He nodded again. “Please, understand that I would never hurt you.”

“Do I get to listen to these reasons or are they a secret too?” I pressed ignoring his pleas.

He sighed. “You know what? I told you to get lost!”

He grabbed my hand pulling me back to him. “I’ll tell you.”

“Okay let’s hear it.” I crossed my arms to keep my hands away from his grasp. Every time his hands touched mine I felt the softest of tingles climbing up my arms almost numbingly.

“I can’t tell you now,” he said and continued when I was about to turn away. “Come to my house, tonight and I’ll tell you.”

“To your h-house?” I gulped. I had not seen that one coming...

“Will you come?” He asked as those jade eyes pierced into mine causing the fear to swift into something else. So without much thought or even realizing it I nodded. “Good. I’ll come pick you up at seven.”

I just turned to leave when he called me back. “Ciel!”

“Huh?” I turned to find his lips pressed to mine for a split second before he pulled away.

“I just wanted to do that,” he informed before he walked away and I stood there stunned out of my mind. When I shook my head and looked up to see his back I saw he was gone without a trace. I tugged my way to class, confused as to why I was forgiving him when he had been all over Chris. Not to mention they had been closer for much longer than I ever dreamed of being close to Firo. And how was I suppose to believe that those times in the past he bullied me had a good reason to back them up?!

I remember how he’d bruise me up by punching my arms, or the way he’d sneer down at me with those crude comments at the tip of his tongue, or not to mention how’d he would side with anyone as long as that person was against me.

I must be out of my mind to want to give him a second chance. So when lunch came and I didn’t see him around I went to Kendal to ask for Firo’s number.

“You want Fray’s number?” He frowned at me.

I nodded.

“Why?” He arched a brow.

“I need to tell him I can’t make it today,” I answered looking down as I knew what was coming next.

“What can’t you make it to?” He grinned as he leaned down.

“I was...you know...going over to his house tonight.” I shrugged as if it was no big deal.

“Oh really?” His grin grew as wide as Cheshire cat’s does. “Is this a date?”